Helryx (Canon Contest #1)

There’s taller, and then there’s one entire metru leg on top of a toa inika, i.e. the suggested 9in toa standard. I actually counted the technic units because I’m like that and the latter is literally true. I don’t know if I really want a titan sized Helryx, especially seeing how everyone is so hyped up on the “disturbingly frail” line. But I agree with you that the skinniness of this moc is a bit much. With it being illegal to physically damage the texture of pieces, I’m guessing making Helyrx visibly thin is the easiest way to portray said frailty for moccers. I think this moc looks great, it just doesn’t really look like a toa. The build would better serve something like a G2 skull warriors revamp.

5 Likes

Simply perfection

1 Like

I really like this on! It looks very unique and indeed makes her look frail, as intended! I like how you used the thornax launcher parts and jut the overall combination of G1 and G2 parts. I’m also a big fan of this version of the shield, mounted on her arm.
On the size bit, I always imagined her as being taller than the average Toa, so I think this is great!
Very well done!

2 Likes

I agree about it needing more blue, but not many more of these pieces come in blue. It’s a shame that those large HF parts don’t come in blue.

Though, if you were willing to spend ~$5 PER PIECE, you can get the half-bushing in blue, as well as the oval cam piece in light blue for a similar cost. Those pieces being blue would make a huge impact on colour distribution.

For a more reasonable price, but less of a visual impact, the ball and socket pieces in the ankle both come in blue, if you’re willing to use the old, non-HF socket.

Also, if you were willing to slightly modify the build, the axle with half-bushings on the legs could be replaced by a series of axle connectors, which come in blue. You could use the rough style to keep the texture.

1 Like

Honestly, I think this handles the “disturbingly frail” description better than Hoseryx.

1 Like