Helryx MOC (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First)

Hey guys, this is my entry for the Helryx canon contest! I hope you all like what I built!

Helryx- The first Toa ever created and the leader of the Order of Mata Nui. Almighty Toa of Water and formidable warrior.

Helryx is the first Toa created, so her design isn’t perfect. That’s why she needs to have an intimidating presence with her large shoulder guards and the pistons helping support her frail and rather small torso.

Helryx has seen many battles over the years, with many portions of her armor faded. But she’s always ready for the next fight, with her protosteel mace and shield.

Here’s a better look at Helryx’s construction.

I tried using pieces in areas where they really weren’t designed to be used, like the Mata torsos for the upper arms. I figured it would make the model stand out and give it a distinctive silhouette. I also decided on using a Ben 10 torso early on because I really don’t see that part used that much at all and the torso needed to have a unique design.

Here’s a closer look at the leg construction with lower and upper parts separated. I used the peg holes in some Piraka arms as the connection point, as I really haven’t seen that utilized much. The blue pins are just for detail, to make her look more intricate.

And finally, a better look at the technique I used for her arms. The arms were possibly the most difficult part to design, but also the most fun.

I guess that’s about it. Leave a comment telling me what you guys think!

10 Likes

The torso and legs look really nice, but those Mata torsos used for the upper arms are way too bulky and don’t really work.
Also, this should be in the LEGO Creations category.

1 Like

I actually really like the mata torsos paired with the ribbed tubes - I think it makes it look super-technical (a bit like the Boss Roborider or Millenium Slizer) :sunglasses:
Also, you and I have the same mask apparently :sweat_smile:

This Moc deserves more attention, not necessarily Herylx to me but very good nonetheless, also love the style of the torso and limbs

I have never really cared for the helryx character and haven’t really looked into her that much but this moc is really cool and I feel that it can be the official look for helryx! But I don’t know much about the character so I don’t really have the this is what I pictured influence.