Helryx, the Disturbingly Frail (Canon Contest #1 | The First)

This community worked hard together to make this moc win, for greg to kill it would to be a slap in the face

6 Likes

My only hope is that at least the art contest will make something cool out of Hoseryx. I have already seen some gorgeous drawings of her :star_struck:

2 Likes

“built” I see what you did there. :smiley:

2 Likes

to reiterate- we’re all here! : D

There’s been so much content and a lot of laughs shared about this. regretfully some of these laughs have been at ttv’s expense but otherwise though

8 Likes

I’d disagree. If anything she brought together the Bionicle community and simply peeved members of the TTV community.
I’m just glad this is all over though. Cannot wait for the art contest.

5 Likes

The issue is that you are still trust level 0. The read time doesn’t match having been on for 35 minutes. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

And I was having fun too, I voted for Hoseryx in the earlier polls, because it was funny, but I could never think that it was gonna win

1 Like

I thought it was lowered to 30 minutes?

He doesn’t even have 30. I said 35 because that’s the number he posted.

1 Like

Ah, no worries. I was just a bit confused is all.

In my opinion, many people who claim that Hoseryx is the one that “fits the description the most” are wrong. She’s described as fragile, not thin. Something fragile is something easily breakable, like a very damaged armor, not something necessarely thin, and something thin is not always fragile (for example a knife or a flexible tube). To me, she doesn’t appear fragile, but just thin and flexible. However, that’s just a personal opinion.

2 Likes

My problem with that reasoning though is that a lot of the time when people were complaining about frail not meaning thin, they then turned around and insisted that she had to look like a seasoned/imposing warrior, which of course had to look like X. It works the same way in both directions, and hell to me something unusual like hoseryx fits the theme exactly. She’s frail, interesting, and the art has certainly made her disturbing and imposing, but not in those traditional ways per se.

Each to their own as always, but the Bionicle fandom I’ve felt for a while has a similar issue to the Transformers one, where odder and more interesting takes on designs are disliked because this other one is larger and more built out so it must be cooler!

3 Likes

I think she is interesting as a concept, not as a MOC. I’d rather see @Risebell’s revamp (for example) of Hoseryx than the original… thing

2 Likes

I swear to god, these audits better bring the numbers down to below #2

3 Likes

I voted for this a few days ago and now it seems like my access to the poll is gone. Anyone have the same thing happen??? I don’t know if it means my vote is rescinded.

dude, chill. there’s no need to bring the salt into the MOC’s topic.

4 Likes

Don’t act like people were not also making alt accounts to vote for #2

4 Likes

Congrats. Well deserved. Have you seen some of the fanart you inspired? This is my favorite.

11 Likes

Dude this is really rude and off topic. You’ve had exceedingly poor behavior about this whole thing : (

15 Likes

It really is unfortunate how many people here are so desperate to reassure themselves it didn’t or can’t actually win. It’s poor sport.

Anyways, I’m really looking forward to all of the new fanart that comes from this. A lot of it is already really killer.

6 Likes