Helryx, the Disturbingly Frail (Canon Contest #1 | The First)

Yea that idea scares the crap out of me

5 Likes

Bruh, imagine if this becomes canonā€¦Imagine if this, truly becomes the canon depiction of Helryx, I canā€™t :rofl:

5 Likes

It wonā€™t. Thereā€™s zero chance of it happening simply because Greg wonā€™t approve this.

10 Likes

Then we must force his hand.

5 Likes

We really mustnā€™t.

8 Likes

If Greg could be moved by the opinions of the fandom, then Orde would be a girl, romance would be canon (In the MU, do not bring up the Bara Magna thing), the Red Star wouldnā€™t bring characters back, and half the retcons weā€™ve gotten since people started asking Greg questions would be non-canon.

If we fail as a fandom and this thing wins, and if TTV decide to actually send it for approval, there is zero chance of Greg actually approving it.

10 Likes

itā€™s hardly failure if voting for it is peopleā€™s goal

also, chill, this isnā€™t going to make it to the top spot no matter what

9 Likes

Whatā€™s that about Orde? I know all other Toa of Psionics are female, but what does that have to do with fanbase opinion? Iā€™ve never seen any fan backlash to Ordeā€™s gender.

The rest of your examples, though, I have seen lengthy debates about.

1 Like

To keep things short and avoid a tangent: There was a fair bit of backdraft when the chapters of TYQ came out, for a variety of reasons. However, as it was during the days of the BZP stranglehold, so itā€™s been lost to time since the issues the site had in 2010-2011.

First was that in choosing to have a Vo- and Ce-Toa on the same team, the fanbase was hoping to avoid the ā€œonly one girl on each teamā€ trend, and second was theā€¦ interesting explanations for why Orde was a dude, and the unfortunate implications of such.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks. I never really considered how Ce-Matoran were canonically female before Orde existed, since I had never heard of them before Orde. And, reading it for the first time, the explanation seemed natural, without the context that Ce-Matoran were already female.

1 Like

ā€¦

I like it. Voted!

1 Like

You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

2 Likes

My Hoseryx is almost ready. I just need two technic parts and the shield.

10 Likes

You know, I havenā€™t thought about this up until now, but itā€™s amazing that this thing can even stand up. The hoses donā€™t seem nearly sturdy enough to hold up that upper body at their angles, so I think some real planning went into trying to figure out how to make this as frail as possible while maintaining its integrity. I always love it when things look simple but actually took more effort than theyā€™d appear to!

6 Likes

One of my favorites from the contest, really fits in with the G1 aesthetic!

3 Likes

This was very funny but you have created a monster

8 Likes

I donā€™t think this monster is bad, and it hasnā€™t stopped being fun for me. Just my POV though.

3 Likes

silly question but are the hoses in the legs 11 long or 12 long?

1 Like

I used 11 on my one, but I canā€™t be sure if thatā€™s right.

In 2009, at a fan meeting, I assembled a similar model in 60 seconds. He also has a friend without one arm, but with a lighter. Their name is Khmyr and Giver of Light. And today I went into this topic and found him a wife.

27 Likes