Helryx, the Disturbingly Frail (Canon Contest #1 | The First)

It requires a stand built into its feet

1 Like

Maybe that’s part of the build? And even if it isn’t, does that disqualify it from being a good concept?

Its not a good concept to begin with though

2 Likes

Most MOCs don’t function like the actual sets do.

1 Like

The art of Hoseryx has been very good. I’m glad it (hopefully) won. (Art by @Risebell)

9 Likes

If you look for yourself at the accounts that voted for Hoseryx starting from most recent and going backwards, you’ll see that some were made within the last hour, some were made within the last two hours and so on. Heck, two were made at nearly the exact same moment. Not trying to say “you can only vote if you’ve been on the message boards long enough!” but if some of these people had only just heard of the polls and weren’t aware of the TTV’s policy on fraudulant accounts, then there’s likely to be quite a few of them.

Great art

2 Likes

Again that’s just your opinion. Please relax and don’t get so upset that yours didn’t win.

1 Like

Its not mine. It didnt even have to be two that won. Just anything but the joke.

2 Likes

Well, it won… so yeah

I’m sure there was a press for awareness in the last bit of time available, but that’s typically how timed voting goes. Does the fact that people made accounts specifically to vote in this poll a bad thing?

1 Like

because people who never used this site before that are fans of Bionicle may have heard of the contest and wanted to help decide the canon of the series. just because you are late to the party does not mean you can’t be the life of it.

5 Likes

No, not at all. Most of the votes for the entirety of the polls were probably from accounts made just to vote. I made my account because of the polls.

I know that I didn’t get my vote in until pretty close to the end, but I had full intentions on voting before hand anyways. Just put it off until late.

1 Like

The creator of the MOC said explicitly that it wasn’t a joke.

3 Likes

I still find that hard to believe. Everyone else treats it as a joke. Ive seen the people saying to vote for it because its funny. Regardless it looks ridiculous.

1 Like

Please go back and reread some of your posts. I don’t think you mean to come off as offensive and demeaning as you are, but all you’ve done this entire time is spout negativity for something that hundreds of people voted for because they cared enough to vote, just as you did for which one you thought should win. Please be more respectful.

5 Likes

I know I’ve said this before in other topics, but we really all need to remember that the art is what’s going to be the main image on the Helryx page, not the base moc (I know that’ll still be on the page, too, it just has lower priority). People have made Bendryx look absolutely amazing through art and spinoff mocs, and I trust that the winner of the art contest will be able to do an astounding job. Good luck if you’re entering your art in the next phase!

9 Likes

This guy gets it.

2 Likes

Precisely. I doubt 32 votes would be duplicates, not without 2 having some as well.
To everyone who voted, you’re all great. Real ■■■■ heroes.