Hero Factory Mafia: Infiltration

Night 1: Political_Upheaval

The iconic sail-shaped tower at the center of Makuro City loomed grandly on the skyline, its white-bleached exterior proudly showing off the purity of core of those who worked within.

However, tonight would be the first in a series that would tarnish that purity, and as the sun set on the grand metropolis, four figures gathered in a dimly-lit room in a lower level of the factory that most never visited and rarely thought about. Hours later, they filed out again, prepared to enact their wicked plans.

Alarms blared, jolting many a hero from their recharging stations. As they rushed down the elevator chutes to mission control, the cause for the alarm became clear – Lockdown had been activated; every door was sealed, and many of the normal systems had stopped entirely. Zib and Quatl ran around the control center, frantically pushing buttons and checking computer screens. “Something’s overriding me; I can’t stop it, and I can’t look to see what the problem is!”

“Could you at least cut the alarm?” One veteran hero complained, and a few moments later, the building had settled into relative silence once more.

It took another half-hour, but Zib was finally able to restore interior monitoring. The gathered heroes peered over his shoulders as he toggled through various security camera feeds. There was nothing notable showing up yet.

Click. Hall.

Click. Atrium.

Click. Dismembered Hero.

Clic-

Wait, what? Zib quickly switched back to the previous view, and everyone gasped at the grisly scene. In the simulation chamber, a pile of metal and servos sat in the middle of the bright white floor; an enhancement of the scene showed a Quaza Crystal, cracked neatly down the middle, sitting atop the wreckage. The armour pieces were a mixture of black, white, and lime green, and on a nearby wall was a dried splotch of green goo, imprinted with another hero’s form.

Nathan Slimer, (@Political_Slime) Hero, killed by Undercover Villain

It took a long moment for the shock to wear off – the notion that another hero could turn on them like this was unthinkable! However, it took a much shorter period of time to round up a group of suspects.

@Nicholas_Vantastic: Has remained oddly chipper even after this shocking revelation, claims to just be trying to keep the mood light, man.
@CaptRanakiPakewa: Seen lurking about more remote corners of the factory, claims to have been looking for some memory drives he’d lost down there some time ago.
@MT_Zehvor: Uses an extremely sharp sword as primary weapon, claims to have been recharging all night after his own apparently rather exhausting Catch ‘Em And Cuff ‘Em mission.
@Greencapps: Arrived only after the alarms were shut off, claims to have sensory issues.

It was decided that one of these heroes had to be the imposter, and so would be sentenced to execution – if they could disable whatever was keeping the lockdown procedure active first, questions could be asked later.

Voting closes at 5:00 PM Central Time tomorrow; you have about 28 hours. Go.

3 Likes

Well

You either die a hero

or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain

rip Nathan Slimer

8 Likes

Rip in Pasta my good friend.

I vote Greencapps.

1 Like

It’s Beef.
I’m sure of it.

Rust In Piece,
Nathan Slimer.
I’ll be taking your hero core to remember you.

5 Likes

Sensory issues?

Either he’s lying, or he does have sensory issues, but he hasn’t gotten fixed because he’s an imposter, and getting them fixed might cause him to inadvertently reveal himself.

I vote CaptRanakiPakewa.

1 Like

@CaptRanakiPakewa.

2 Likes

Vote for Beef.
He is Mafia.
I’m sure he is.

2 Likes

He’s also not a suspect.

1 Like

You can vote for non-suspects in this game, but @RECspiriah, it isn’t recommended.

2 Likes

I vote for @CaptRanakiPakewa. Lost memory drive? I don’t buy it, sounds like a lie.

RIP in peace RECspiriah

you will join me in the beyond tonight, I am sure of it

7 Likes

I vote @Greencaps. Sensory issues? Our optics are much too advanced to allow anything of the sort. If we was indeed experiencing impairments, perhaps Hero Green did not install the mandatory sensory upgrade we were issued two cycles ago. I wonder why…

@Greencapps,@MT_Zehvor,@John_Smith, and @anon68675807.

You guys listening to this?

1 Like

I don’t care that I’m not in the game; if I find out who it is, I will eat their faces with my mech of awesome.

Sweet dreams, villains.

8 Likes

Yep. I’ve been trying to think through everything thoroughly before posting; I don’t want to throw out wanton accusations. :stuck_out_tongue: That being said, none of this evidence makes me go “Aha! It must be him!” However, since @Greencaps only showed up after the alarms were shut off, I think he looks the most suspicious–it’s a classic mystery trope for the killer to be the one unaccounted for at the time of the murder. I also agree with @legomaster1378’s reasoning. Thus,

I vote for Greencaps.

That being said, there’s something else I’d like to address…

This seems awfully suspicious to me. He’s willing to sacrifice himself to take out one Mafian…leaving the rest of us with no fail-proof way to find out who the other three are. I think if he were actually the Interrogator, he would wait in silence to find out who the other Mafians are…not risk his life to take out a mere one-quarter of the Mafia.

6 Likes

Sorry, was busy.

Personally, I’d be interested in some proof that you are the investigator before we go along with this…unless I’ve missed something.

-MT

1 Like

Maybe I’m sacrificing myself.
Because I have a role similar to the Jester from the game Town of Salem…
(TEASE)

If there were such a role in this game, @ColdGoldLazarus would have outlined it in the first post.

2 Likes

Pass the Quaza popcorn.

4 Likes

oi. I’m going to hold my vote on @CaptRanakiPakewa but i’ve got my eye on @RECspiriah and @Greencapps