Heroes of Ilira: A Royal Mess Signups and Discussion Topic (Signups Closed)

Name: Rupitydumble, Great Wizard of Potatoes
Species: Half human, quarter elf, quarter dwarf
Homeland: Somewhere eastern. He forgot.
Skills/Abilities: Magical ability over potatoes. He can make them do whatever he wants - levitation, reforming them into a different shape, practically anything. His power is limited only by his imagination and the amount of potatoes available to him. He has to specifically concentrate on keeping his potato constructs formed, though, so if another person tried to use any given one it would melt into mashed potatoes in their hand. Think a strange, deranged sort of Green Lantern. He can also make any potatoes near him grow at a rapid pace if he wants, but rapid does not equate to instantaneous. From sprout to fully formed potato, it would take him about twenty seven minutes.
Personality: A strange old fellow, Rupitydumble has an affinity for alcohol, jumping around, doing cartwheels, and forming small toad statues from raw potatoes. He is very good at seeing through deception.
Physical Appearance: Picture Gandalf from the ‘70s LotR movies, but with a shorter cloak so that his ankles are showing. The cloak is also as bright a pink as could be achieved in medieval times. Very fit for being an old man.
Backstory: A wizard from the east. 52 years ago, he was sealed away in a magical tomb intended to preserve him for 1000 years. He was to protect the land from an ancient evil predicted in a prophecy once his time had elapsed while entombed. The only issue was, once the entombing sages began their bicentennial check-in, they realized that they had cast the spells incorrectly, and the wizard had aged normally as opposed to being preserved. And he had lost all his memories. Seeing no use for him in this condition, they released him from the spells and left him in the middle of town to fend for himself. From here, he began his travels around the world, as he had nothing better to be doing, and christened himself Rupitydumble.

4 Likes

Edit the name and he’s approved

3 Likes

I think you forgot to edit the “Iron” part out of the name.

Not without the GM’s approval he’s not… though the name charge will be enough for him to be approved xP

Also, my grandparents are going to be visiting in about a week, and my family has quite a bit planned for then. So, between that and all the cleaning I have to do to prepare for their arrival, it’ll probably be around two weeks until I have the time to start the RP.

3 Likes

G- Ghid
M-

I rest my case :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I already mentioned I had a lot planned in July…

3 Likes

as you wish, gm
edit ayo what the mods removed the whole convo?!?

4 Likes

man :pensive: the mods on this site be wack sometimes

4 Likes

Just a couple things:

Murdering a royal messenger probably took things a little too far for the intended tone of the story (not to mention, grounds for execution in-universe). I’d recommend striking this from the RP.

I never stated that he was a graying old man. I planned for him to be around mid-40’s to early 50’s, since you don’t need to be old to have poor handwriting (just look at doctors…). Though, this isn’t exactly your mistake, since I never actually stated his age myself.

4 Likes

I feel attacked

and tbh I envisioned him as old and doddering as well

3 Likes

Wasn’t saying that, it was more in the lines of receiving the letter after a job, which got him soaked. Sorry I should’ve clarified the context.

4 Likes

Ah. The context wasn’t clear, and the whole “subtle amusement” seemed to imply murder. Thanks for the clarification.

No, he’s middle-aged and doddering xP

4 Likes

So for the record, Basil is wearing a hood that obscures his face unless specified otherwise, but I’ll let this slide because Rupitydumble has powers well beyond our comprehension and it would be humorous of a memeable quality if he knew while everyone else was in the dark

is this a dig

oh my it is

well played

4 Likes

oops :grimacing:
i think we’ll go with x ray vision kal-el rupitydumble for the memes then if you’re alright with it
he is magic after all

edit why did it change the emoji that’s not what the apple version looks like at all

2 Likes

@thecobaltcorsair you got any input? perhaps rupitydumble has terrific night vision from such a starch-heavy diet

2 Likes

Eh, sure. I’m not opposed to overly-plot convenient stuff in this RP.

3 Likes

yeah, after all carrots let you see good, and they’re root vegetables, and potatoes are root vegetables, therefore potatoes give x-ray vision

plus it would ruin my dreamspace joke if we changed it

2 Likes

@GoodGuy2006 @DuneToa @MakutaOisli @TheMOCingbird

any chance we can make this live again? :eye: :eye:

3 Likes

I’ll warn you now, I’m on vacation, so I can’t guarantee fast responses…

4 Likes

it’s ok I’m co-gm

man it’s been a month responses period is good enough
you playin tf2 on vaction?? bruh

4 Likes

Well, I have some downtime…

5 Likes