Heroes of the Storm

Illidan: YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!
Johanna: You wanna bet on that?
Illidan: I AM NOT PREPARED!

1 Like

Most of her exchanges with him go about like this

Illidan Hunts in

Johanna uses Iron Skin to ignore the stun, then blinds him to completely ignore his damage

Illidan attempts to run away

No you don’t. Get back here. I didn’t say you could leave.

Illidan dies

Yup about accurate.

1 Like

Double post because inactivity
@pizzacheetah
Sorry man, patch that rolled out a few minutes ago nerfed Li-Ming’s Calamity perk. Only deals damage to Heroes now.

Guess no more Minion wave clear…

Li-Ming has officially become way less fun to me. The AoE damage was the entire point of the Calamity build, especially if it can’t even damage structures anymore. I now have to play sniper Li-Ming, which is fine, but… I’ll miss my stupidly high risk Calamity build.

Currently (and I mean literally as I type, currently on a respawn timer) picking Alarak back up. I set his Q and E to Quick Cast and it makes it way easier to be aggressive with Lightning Surge.

It’s hard to get back into the swing of his playstyle (IMO he’s one of the top three skillcap characters), but some of his plays are just so rewarding. In the last life I had I managed to completely stop a Butcher trying to use his charge on me by looking straight at him and Counter-Striking right back into him. So satisfying.

Also was able to out-Hero-damage a Li-Ming with him. Not sure if that was just me playing him well, or the enemy Li-Ming being bad. Either way, it was a good game.

1 Like

I use quick-cast on every ability, because I play too much DotA2. Also, Alarak is easily one of the highest skill characters in the game, and he’s really good at punishing bad positioning and mistakes. His ability to do damage heavily relies on how good your opponents are playing. If they aren’t making mistakes, then you’ll need a teammate like E.T.C. or Diablo to force them out of position, but all it takes is a tiny slip-up for a good Alarak to wipe the floor with people. Of course, he also plays better the worse your team plays, due to his unique talents and the fact that enemies who are pushed up too far get massacred by him.

I find he works really well with characters who have high setup potential that’s easy to avoid. Because his powers are so bizarre (and his talents more so), he makes a typical “yup, just dodge the Kerrigan Combo” into a mad dance of “which way do I run?!? I can’t use my abilities! If I attack him he’ll just obliterate me with Counter-Strike!” and it is very, very satisfying.

He also excels at securing kills in teamfights, which is always appreciated in my book.

1 Like

So, HOTS 2.0 is coming soon, not too far behind the heels of DOTA2 7.00

1 Like

My two favorite MOBAs are getting big updates right next to each other.

Quite so! Wondering if it’ll be enough to pull me back from Warframe.

The updates look good. I think allowing even F2P users to get skins is a fantastic change, even if it’s bound to a loot-box system.

The updates to the UI that have gone down already since I last logged on are also pretty great. Very streamlined and…2.0ish, I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Being able to see allied health at a glance is amazing when I’m playing Abathur. Especially since getting a game with a support is so rare that I take the healing carapace in 99% of my games.

2 Likes

It’s a feature standard in most MOBAs. I’m glad they’re finally going back to a more detailed UI as opposed to the incredibly dumbed-down and simple UI that Blizzard loves so much (seriously OverWatch, you can do a little better). Let’s hope they add buff and debuff tooltips back, having to guess whether both my attack speed and movement speed are slowed or if it’s just my movement speed based on a tiny purple ring around my character’s feet is not good UI.