Hikari, the Sly Bolt

The land was inhabited by strange creatures. One kind was known as the Yoru. They are sneaky and rather aloof.

Hikari is no exception. He is always causing trouble with his curiosity.

The first MOC in a new series I’m starting. I don’t know where this will go, but basically I want it to be a series of humanoid MOCs, but with animal-like features (like digitigrade legs, claws, and wings, just to name a few.)

Also, Hikari is who I will consider my Self-MOC outside of Bionicle canon. Seva’s still around, but he is only in the Bionicle universe.

Stats
  • Species: Yoru

• Element: Lightning

• Agility: Above Avg.

• Speed: Avg.

• Strength: Avg.

• Intellect: Above Avg.

• Personality: Curious, Sly

[details=Inspirations:]
Shadowstep V2 by @Jayfa

This MOC spoke to me. I love the colors, and the look of the thing. I did take a lot of inspiration from it, but my build is pretty different. And instead of using trans. light blue as my primary accent, I used medium azure (where I could.)

Starky (Khan Academy)

An avatar from a website I used for Algebra. Main inspirations from him were the colors, arms, and tail.

Other

• The lower leg design came from @Alieraah. I think it was from one of her Meskii MOCs, but I can’t be sure on that. On her design, she used system cones, while I used axle connectors. [/details]
57 Likes

Nice, reminds of Jayfa’s silent assassin moc

4 Likes

Hey I really appreciate crediting me in the description, and the moc looks pretty neat :ok_hand: glad i was able to inspire you

2 Likes

I quite like 'im! Reminds me a little of Entropy even though they aren’t really related by inspiration, unlike Jayfa’s Shadowstep.

I’d like to see something added to the back of the legs, and maybe a little more of the solid teal color added around the MOC. Other than that, I think he does his job quite well!

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

This MOC is very clean. I like it. One question. Why is this shadowy looking creature named the Japanese word for light?

2 Likes

Nice catch. It’s ‘Light’ as in ‘Lightning’.

1 Like

Has a nice, sleek look.

1 Like

Pretty nice. Atakus’s helmet goes nicely with the spiky details of the design, creating a consistent flow. I also enjoy how the trans blue and dark azure work off one another.

2 Likes

The color scheme is really nice.

2 Likes

looks amazing though with the look it has a kinda female look to it and sins the name Hikari can also be used as a female name for some reason I thought it was a female at first (but that I read the info guess I was wrong hehe) again cool moc keep it up ^^

2 Likes

A few things, 1) this reminds me a lot of my first moc post. 2) This is awesomely simplistic design, definitely note worth. 3) You could use my moc if you want, story, design, etc.

2 Likes

hikari is a girl’s name tho

Who says?

1 Like

this, and a bunch of other websites, does

2 Likes

Yeah, but a name such as Kelly is usually a girl’s name, and I know a couple of guys with the name.

1 Like

Nice torso build, I’d like to see some instructions or at least some deconstructed pics I’d you get the time!

1 Like

I don’t usually do how-to, but I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like