Hordika Tahu

I have returned with yet another creation to show everyone in the hopes that you will not laugh at me…

The idea behind this is that it is Tahu poisoned by Hordika Venom (obviously due to the title). I also just wanted to test out some pieces I got in my most recent Bricklink Haul.

I kept in mind the dis-proportional/morbid aesthetic and concept that the original Toa Hordika had and gave him some lanky arms and extra body parts (by that I mean horns and two tails).

Here he is:

And yes, those are printed Roboriders heads (They just look so COOL!).

Here is a comparison of Hordika Tahu and Tahu Mata (excuse the red Akaku).

Here is a horribly lighted closeup of the upgraded fire sword (Although nostalgic, I always thought the plain fire sword was weak-sauce).

Thanks for spending a fraction your life looking at my stuffs! :slight_smile:

40 Likes

I like the sword and the concept, and the build, and the parts used.

2 Likes

I definitely like the idea here, and this moc looks great, my only complaint is that I wish you would have used the hordika chestplate.

Still, great looking moc, love the concept :wink:

1 Like

Really nice job. However, the transition from super thin to super bulky on the legs looks a bit odd. I’d suggest even-ing them out a bit.

1 Like

He is more Lizard Tahu

3 Likes

Hmm great looking build, okay color scheme. nice MOC overall but the legs going from skinny then bulky brothers me a little to much. no GIF for you.

No soup for you!

4 Likes

You really captured the bestial look the Hordika were going for well here!

1 Like

The MOC does the aesthetic for both the beast and the robot really well!

1 Like

I actually really like this! My only complaint is that the mask doesn’t look monsterous enough!

Great work, have a badge! :smiley:

2 Likes

You know what the legs have grown on me.
my GIF for you

2 Likes

looks good, I would like to see him in some different poses.

When I first saw this I was going to praise you for making the MOC have twin heads, but then it turned out the Rahkshi head was armor.

Still impressive though. Great work.

1 Like

I just cant stop viewing the rahkshi heads as actual heads.

1 Like

its! SO! BEATIFULL !

1 Like

Very beast-like. Though parts also seem pretty messy. The inverted system parts stick out a fair bit, as the the open ball sockets on the legs. While the grey Hau looks cool, I almost feel as though a plain red one would have fit better.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m not feeling the ‘Tahu’ here. I think it’s because of those upper legs, or something like that.

2 Likes

Well there’s something we need to tell you about Tahu 2015 he’s like that too

Very unique, but it doesn’t give a very Hordika vibe to me.