How can I attract friends into the Bionicle Universe?

@Payinku
if you think about it, it’s pretty childish… lore itself isn’t but to get into it you must pass through the sets, which are from plastic and most of teenagers and adults consider it… toys… not really fun for them :confused:

I have a friend, but he was into Bionicle before me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I strongly oppose this viewpoint.

you’re the only person who has said don’t bother trying. I think if people give things a chance they can turn out to find things they never even thought of to enjoy.

if you tell a friend “check this out, I really enjoy it!” and they say “what is that? a toy, ha loser.” are they really your friend?
we’re talking about your friends, people who will give it a shot.

2 Likes

This is true

Anyway, going off of Ep. 120 of the TTV Podcast, your best hopes of getting teenaged friends to like Bionicle (and Lego in general) is for it to hit the mainstream. If it follows the trend of Marvel (which I sincerely hope it does), Lego (and by extension Bionicle) will become more commonly accepted.

But if your friends are under the age of 13, just tell them about it, show them the sets/your MOCs, build with them, etc. They’ll probably like it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There are a lot of people I have met who would say otherwise (All adults and teens). A lot of people who might not care about owning the sets, don’t have to pass through the sets. They can go to MNOG, they can go on BS01, they can do a lot without having to interact with the sets.

1 Like

Sorry, but my friends are _<13, and they try to hate.
Like, the kid I’m mentioning (The guy that cussed on the forums.) hates me, and already acts like he’s mature.
My words written.

It depends on what kind of friends you have and on your country… In Slovakia almost every boy know BIONICLE but it’s like “toy that I used to like”. I’d be glad if people in my country were opened for new things… If I try to tell friends something like “check this out” he is like: Nah, I remember but… you mean really? You really want to get me into such a thing?.. You know, people usually study the lore of more adult themes like Witcher or so…

It’s just point of view and country you live in :confused:

Like, everyone in my school’s like," Lost my interest when I was 8!. Screw you!"
Then one of my friends’s like," It’s fine, I like it too."
I need more friends.
(But hey, that’s what this forums is for!)[/Spoiler]

The only way that would know how to get teenage+ people into BIONICLE is if they already have an interest in LEGO or toys in general. If not, I can’t help you.

Also, keep in mind that friends can have different interests and still be friends. Of my group of friends I’m the only one that is really into LEGO. They’re fine with it, they just don’t have the same enthusiasm.

The worst thing you can possibly do is try to shove BIONICLE down their throats (metaphorically speaking but the literal action won’t help either). It never ends well and will just turn people away from it. (Especially after you suffocated them with BIONICLE pieces)

6 Likes

Thanks for summarizing my thoughts…

Thou shalt finish thy spoiler tag with a [/spoiler] such as it is in HTML code, so it is in BBC/Markdown.

1 Like

slurm

i’ll be your friend :smiley:

3 Likes

This is totally untrue. I know several guys who got in to this when they were 15. (just last year really) Though I don’t normally hangout with public schoolers (not to pigeonhole anyone, I know there are some good ones out there, but they are few and far between) and are totally unlikely to make fun of anyone’s hobbies.

1 Like

If you’re talking about Bionicle in general, start from the beginning on the island of Mata Nui. That’s where I had the most fun and it’s a good stepping stone before the complicated stuff.

If you’re talking about G2, I would wait until then next year or two for that universe to develop and perhaps fill in some of its plot holes. It’s a bit too sparse to enjoy right now.

Well, if you want to introduce them to the story, just get the first graphic novel by papercutz. It condenses 2001 and 2002 together and does a good job of explaining itself, plus, it takes an hour or so to read :blush:

I showed JTO to one of my friends and in the end he was like “this isn’t no Adventure Time or Steven Universe, but it’s alright. Wouldn’t expect the same quality from Lego. I’m sorry that we don’t share the same interests.”

And I was like

3 Likes

If they like LEGO, if they like Dolls, if they like Robots, if they like masks, if they like ancient cultures, if they like science fiction settings, if they like golden stuff, if they like creating stuff…then Bionicle is for them.

Action Figures!

Sorry, you triggled me. But seriously, Why is is is dolls on this list?

~W12~

1 Like

Dolls. They only called them Action Figures to “differentiate” them from Barbie dolls/girl dolls and GI Joe/boys dolls. They made up the name so as boys would buy the dolls since if they were called dolls it would be considered too gurly.

But we all know what they are, they are dolls made for boys.

GI Joe coming from an era where sexism was still an okey thing, which is why this gender separation thing exists in the toy market of that time which has since been accepted, even tho the reasons behind it are not.

1 Like