How do you deal with Non-Lego-Fans?

My parents think I’m gonna grow out of it soon and stop making MOCs. They are wrong.

same here. but it think my parents are okay with it by now :smiley:

I end up hitting them in the groin with a banjo…
(High five to anyone who gets this reference)

I have no friends :frowning:

(Please hug me. I’m lonely)

4 Likes

*hugs * its okay

2 Likes

Shhh…

I don’t care if people see my collection…it’s there problem if they find it strange I still have them in my room period.

fun fact: Most of my friends like Lego but they hate Bionicle.

I say, “Yo bro, you just jealous, I getz the girlz.” Joking aside, I don’t care because I know that everyone has a childish side to them, sometimes what ever it is, they’re more immature about what they like. They like Avengers so they bought all the DVD’s involving it, no different then wanting a Tahu figure.

4 Likes

Non-Legoers?
I get infiltrated/hacked by Bionicles haters everyday!

1 Like

Really? How?

No one has ever called me childish for enjoying LEGO.

In fact, the people at my school thought it was cool. I even did an English project using Lego’s once.

I’m not as LEGO-obsessed as I was, so I don’t have much of a problem with others ‘growing out of it’. Though quite a few I know do still play with LEGO, they make flamethrowers and stuff.

1 Like

Ok I don’t really care so nothing really happens, But if they are interested in my collection I’ll show them my mocs and we may take part in some building.

I’m 20 at the end of this month and my interest in Bionicle is showing no signs of fading. I haven’t told anyone of my friends about this secret hobby of mine, but I feel that with each day my confidence boosts the closer I am to letting it reveal itself. I won’t make it a big thing or anything. I’m perfectly happy to let it remain a secret but it can be limiting at times. I think, in my head it’s a much bigger deal than it actually would be to them.

As for my family they aren’t really bothered. I live on my own now so I suppose as far as they’re concerned I can do what I like haha. My Mum sometimes asks me if I will ever grow out of it, but then at other times she is quite supportive. My dad just sort or never brings it up.

My IRL friends are actually pretty fine about me still liking Lego. Hell, one guy even says they’re cool.

Hey, I’m 21 and nobody takes me seriously when I tell them about my lego hobby. I don’t look or act like somebody that would ever be into that sort of thing. Then I show them my flickr page and they get really jealous. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I ignore it.
None of my friends, in fact, no one I know of in my school, likes Bionicle like I do, or Lego for that matter. So I ignore it when they tell me I should move on.
I won’t.

1 Like

None of my friends, like Bionicle like I do, or Lego for that matter, but they know it’s not their business telling me what I should or shouldn’t be interested in. If they tell you too move on, then you could probably find better friends (Or not I don’t know the specifics of your situation).

1 Like

Heh. No, no, they’re fine with it. We tease each other about stuff.
One friend has a soccer obsession, a few video games, and two of them have a serious shoe problem. We joke. What do you expect from a bunch of boys in their teens? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No. NOT THE SHOES!.. Don’t ask.

1 Like