How do you display your constraction sets?

I don’t display any of them except Ekimu the Mask Maker from 2016. All of my G1 sets are in my basement in open bins. Pretty much every pre-2008 set (except for Gahlok) has been subsumed into MOCs. I’m not sure why I decided to start keeping them together then, but I haven’t taken apart anything from '08, '09, or '10.

3 Likes

I sadly only have one MOC left on display, and it’s just in a neutral pose sitting on a shelf in my basement.

All my other MOCs are in bags in a box in my storage room.

2 Likes

I have all of my sets grouped up by year spread out on 3 tiny shelves and my dresser. They’re grouped up as 01-03, 04-05, 06-10, 15-16. I tried to group them up so they are cohesive, but I don’t have many sets for 06-10, so I put them all on the same shelf, with small spaces between the years.

1 Like

I organize mine by series. Or, at least I try to. My shelves are as so:
2015 Toa, 2015 Protectors and my two 2016 sets, Invasion from Below Heroes, Invasion from Below Beasts
2001 Good Guys, All the other G1 good guys I own, Brain Attack Wave One, DrScorpionX Dynamo Components
2015 Villains, Skull Spiders and Lord of the Skull Spiders, Breakout Heroes and others, Breakout Villains
Assorted G1 Bad Guys 01-03, Assorted G1 Bad Guys 04-08, Star Wars Constraction Good Guys, Star Wars Constraction Bad Guys
My shelves are compartment-ey. Looking at it from the front, it would look like a 4x4 grid.

2 Likes

I think the way someone display their sets is individual enough where it was more valuable to hear specific responses rather than try and fit everyone’s answer into a specific box. For many people it’s not a cut-and-dried thing.

2 Likes

i feel this one.

1 Like

very unsorted inside my drawer.

But all the bohrok, kal, vahki, rakshi are in neat lines in “cannister” mode

Some on my shelves, some near my bed, some in plastic bags, all over the place.
I do like the neat thing I did with my 2002 Toa Nuva, Norik, Iruini and a toa moc on one of my shelves, though.

I have only 1 constraction set intact and that is 03’ Takanuva (and to my knowledge has never been dismantled since 03’). He typically hangs out with my Elder Good Guy MOCs. Nice cushy retirement gig I suppose.

1 Like

All of the above

I store all my sets in plastic boxes under my bed and closet, to never see the light of day again, all of them intact. Once in a while I take out one or two of them and display them in my table but most of the time they are in their canisters (the ones with one).

I would like to display them (at least a part of the sets) but after a few days, they would accumulate dust, and cleaning them is a pain in the rear. Additionally I have a new dog that love eating everything at his reach, so I’m not risking any of my sets.

This topic could be a poll, wink wink

1 Like