How do you feel about people handling your BIONICLE figures?

It’s less lego and more transformers / gunpla but generally if it’s on display the only person touching it is me and even that’s rare. Lucky my family doesn’t have any kids or anything (unless dogs count) but I wouldn’t even let a kid look at my SOC power rangers display, G1 transformers, or really anything else.

2 Likes

I tend to have creations dedicated for display, so the no touchy ones and ones more less dedicated to play, which I’d allow my younger family members to play with.

1 Like

I discourage small children (my cousins most times) from taking stuff from shelf’s and just say they can build something from the tray and then battle (mostly narrate a battle, no actually smashing bionicles together). No one else besides kids want to touch the bionicles.

2 Likes

My general rule is handle, play if you want- but keep an eye out if you’re going to use the launchers XD My niece and nephews and occasionally a coworker or two will play with my Bionicle and they’re all understanding enough that these are not normal toys and you know, that’s enough. I’m not going to be super broken up if an honest mistake happens because, generally, parts are not super expensive on any of my Bionicle sets I own.

4 Likes

I always have a panic mode whether they hold my mocs. In my mind it goes: “Don’t let it fall…” or “Don’t you dare break a piece”.

1 Like

Even just not touching the Mocs I’ve had issues with breaking.

Though then again I don’t have anyone touching my stuff other then me really. For me all this is if someone touches or if I ever have kids.

1 Like

I pretty much have exclusive rights to handling my mocs, just in case.
I’m less worried with my system mocs because there’s less at stake durability wise, especially with my G1 joints, if something pops off it could have unfortunate consequences, such as joint pieces permanently snapping and a piece of my spirit being permanently broken.

1 Like

It’s why I’m glad I don’t know any kids. My condo would look like a toy store to them. I cringe at entitled parents stories where the kids end up breaking “a silly toy.”

2 Likes

I’m… hesitant to let other’s touch my figures, heck I don’t like when other people touch my system stuff or even my books. Admittedly almost all of that was on account of my younger cousin who had a wicked destructive streak when he was little that has since passed, but the memory is still fresh in my brain.

5 Likes

Same here. I’ve got a few relatively expensive sets in my bedroom, and it stresses me to no end when people are like, “It’s just a toy. You can get replacements…” You can’t. Not for the UCS Slave I. Or for Jaller Mahri. Or for my numerous other Star Wars and Bionicle sets. It’s one thing if it’s bee made in the past few years, but any older and it gets out of my price range fast.

And yes, I’ve had bad experiences with other kids breaking stuff. Also, I almost literally had trauma from the one time that our mom was foolish enough to have a “neighborhood play date” at our house. We have a small shed on our property, and kids were trashing it in minutes. Not only that, but the Lego city that myself and my siblings had made got practically razed.
Another time, we invited some kids from church over, and I spent a few hours after they left rebuilding my AT-ST set and other Star Wars sets that they practically disintegrated.

So yes, I know from experience that the people who say it’s just a toy don’t really know anything about their kids. If you would have to pay more than $20 for a replacement, it’s insulting to say that it’s the owners responsibility to pay for damages. Would they say the same if I destroyed their car by accident?

3 Likes