How It All Began

Technically it began when I saw some Bionicle on the local toy store (guess which one), but it truly began at my birthday party during 2002 when one of my friends arrived with two Bionicle sets. Or if it was two friend bringing one set each, I honestly can’t remember.

one lucky day i came home from swimming and my grandparents gave me gali nuva. i liked her, although i wasn’t really sure whta to do with her, so i went to a toyshop and i bought norik (the rahaga version). i later got 1 visorak, sidorak all voya nui matoran and all piraka except for vezok. in 2007 i had a huge collection. i had the boxor, the nui jaga, 5 inika, 5 piraka, some titans, the manas, some matoran. and it expanded every year.

in 2009 i met someone, who is now one of my closest friends. we usually went into an “abondoned” room in my house and played with all my bionicle. basically it was always about hakann and vezon taking over the world and killing all inika (very violently :smiley: ). then it lead to enslaving all matoran, later to a big showdown with EVERYONE. all dead bionicle were revived and the ones that didn’t even had an appearence in our story were just there. and then there was a huge battle. good old times.

now i’m always thinking of very complicated storys and then i re-act them.

I was coming back from a birthday and we suddenly stopped at my local toy store, that is were I got my first bionicle: Balta. I really loved the franchise of Bionicle so I started collecting them and I started moccing.

Later (in 2008) I found out my cousin was a fan of Bionicle too. So then it all actually started, we started playing adventures and moccing. And in the holidays we started staying at each other’s places, and then I took my basket with Bionicle’s, and then he did.

Ahhh… Good old times.

I got into Bionicle when my Grandma got me Pouks while she was out. I built it and was in love with it. I always spun the spinner.

When I was sick one day, my Mother got me Vezok and Zaktan for me. I fell in love with them, and eventually I found out how popular Bionicle was, and he rest is history.

Well, back when I was five or so, in the christmas of 1999-2000, my Dad got me Slizer Blaster, which was cool, and then I convinced people to get me Millennia a bit later. Fast forward to 2001; my friend at the time introduced me to Bionicle, and I recognized it as sort of similar to the Slizers I’d had before. (and already lost, though I was able to recover parts of them eventually) I soon after got Matoro from McDonalds, and talked Mom into subscribing to the Lego Magazine, and I eventually got Pohatu as my first Toa. The rest was history.

1 Like

i got into bionicle when i was 3 or 4 and my first set was i think a visorak and hordika then inika brakkii mahri phantoka mistika then titian mata nui. excuse my spelling

My parents got me Matoro and Hahli inika for my birthday, i deemed them cool, and iv’e been buying BIONICLE ever sense.

1 Like

Remember getting a Slizer/Throwbot at a young age, which convinced me to get a Bohrok or two. Though mostly got into the series thanks to Mask Of Light

Turned on the television, BLAM. Logo appears, and I’m already hooked. This was around June 2007, and I saw the then new Toa Mahri rushing down in their submarine-Rahi thing to get the Mask of Life. I didn’t get a set for about a year, when I got Tahu Mistika. I look on BionicleStory and figure out I had Macku from 2001 all along. Birthday comes, I somehow manage to get Kongu, Matoro, and Maxilos+Spinax from 2007, along with Bitil and Icarax from 2008. Those would be my last sets for the first generation’s run, though. The sets were forgotten after 2010…

…only for an old memory to suddenly float up in 2013. I quickly dug up every set and began reading the lore again. It was a lot more in-depth than I ever remembered, especially with the movies that I finally got to watching. I hadn’t watched them before, since I feared they would be incredibly cheesy. They were still cheesy, but not excessively so. I told my dad that I dug up all of my old sets, and he promptly gives me a flood of sets over the remainder of the year. Notable ones include The Anti-Eljay Nuparu, Viper Zaktan, and whatever Pohatu’s hoverbike thing from 2008 was called (Best Christmas present in a long time.)

All the spare parts culminated in the birth of Binkly Bippy Bopple Baralim.

Ever since then, a majority of gifts were Bionicle-related. help me

2 Likes

Yes, he know whats cool.

2 Likes

I don’t remember how I got into bionicle. I just remeber that I used to REALLY like Tahu Nuva.

My first memory is seeing Matoro Inika in a Target. He was the only 06 set I got but I loved it

My story is a bit ironic, but here I go.
It was 2006. I’m not exactly 100% sure on that, but I remember a tiny little pamphlet I got advertising the Piraka and VNOG, so I’m assuming it was '06. Anyways, it was 2006, and my older brother had a friend that lived up our street. That friend had some toys that he didn’t want anymore and decided to give them to my brother. My sister got a Barbie plane from his sister, I remember, and what did my brother get? Two big plastic boxes (that I still have and store canisters and instruction books and BIONICLE story books in) filled with loads of BIONICLE. Which sets? In a jumbled mess of parts, the six Toa Mata in their canisters (for some reason mine look different than the ones I see online), Kopaka Nuva, Tahu Nuva, bits and pieces of a Nui-Rama, a Kohrak in its canister, some cards from a 2001 BIONICLE card game, some promo posters, Turaga Onewa, and McToran Heukii, Macku, and Kongu, and a whole bunch of assorted Throwbot and 2001 pieces, from what I recall. Yea, I remember picking them all up very vividly. So I got the Mata out and posed them all up like I saw on the promotional posers, and I couldn’t make out their names.
At first I thought they were robots and their set numbers were their names, but a 7 year old can’t remember all those so I took to calling them by human names (all I remember was calling Tahu “Jake”). After that I remember bits and pieces of things, like my mom painstakingly stumbling through the first couple of books while I acted out the story with the Toa, putting all the Mata weapons on my Kohrak and calling it the “Super Bohrok” (my first Bio-MOC), and then some times with Mask of Light, Legends of Metru Nui, and Web of Shadows. Then one Easter I got Heukii Mahri and that’s when I got caught up with the line. And the rest is history: some scattered sets every birthday and Christmas (every wish listed included at least one BIONICLE), new books, getting parts from friends, building Inila build MOCs, and then…it ended. But then it came back. Anyways, this is really freaking lengthy now, so I won’t continue this further. But I remember it fondly!

1 Like

So, it started in 2008 when I got Galva and Vultraz. I didn’t really think about them all that much. Then for Christmas, I got tons of 2009 sets and The Legend Reborn. Then, I was hooked, I knew all the facts and EVERYTHING. Then, I forgot about it. Then, in 2014, I decided to go on Lego.com, and I was like ‘Cool it’s coming back in 2015’. Then I forgot about it again. Then BOOM, it’s May, I search Bionicle again, and I get hooked again. That’s pretty much it.

1 Like

It was 2007(I may have seen some BIONICLE commercials before then). Me and my family and I were walking through a Frys Electronics store. We went to the LEGO aisle (because I really liked legos), and one of the many sets that were there was Barraki Mantax. I think he was on sale, so we decided to get him. We took him home, I sat on the floor, and began building him at the edge of the bed (I think I needed help, I was quite young). I played with him, and eventually lost his pieces. Cut forward to 2009, and I get three Agori plus a system set; I never realized that they were from the same line. Then in 2010, I decided to get some Hero Factory sets and began watching the cartoon. At the bottom of the canisters, I noticed that it said ‘From the makers of BIONICLE characters’. So I wondered, “Hmm, what’s BIONICLE?”. I then saw some BIONICLE Stars in stores and got some of them. Eventually, I looked it up on the Internet, and found out that it was running for ten years. As time went on, I got less invested in HF and more in BIONICLE. As I got older, I learned more about the lore and remembered that I got some of the sets before. I then learned about TTV, and started to collect old sets. I was super happy to hear about it’s return; I finally have the opportunity to experience buying the sets! (also i got a matoro inika happy meal toy in 2006 and for some reason i still have it)

I read one of the comics in Lego Club. Then, I bought Berix and I was hooked.

when i was 8 or 7 my parents bought me Mistika Tahu, and I got Takanuva, Pohatu, Solek, Photok, and Tanma for my birthday. I then followed it until it ended, then got hooked again in 2015, started following the 2015 discussion topic that same year, and then joined the boards in January 2016

1 Like

Heyyy! So did I! (I actually joined in Feb, but who’s counting) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I read the comics that came with LEGO Mania Magazine and a friend of mine got the original Kopaka around Christmas time. I was fascinated by the little robot and got Onua shortly afterward because I thought he would fit in best with my Rock Raiders collection. Every so often my cousin or some friends would come over and we would play the little mask hitting game with our Toa and Rahi. Good times.

1 Like

I remember seeing the piraka in one of the Lego product catalogs and thinking these look cool. Oddly I didn’t get any but insted got Matoro inika and my brother got Kongu. I was happy to get matoro but had wanted Nuparu(because he looked cool and different) but loved it non the less

1 Like