How many of you like to study geography?

I absolutely love geography and cartography. I’ve always been fascinated by the shape of islands, continents, coastlines, borders, etc. What I really like to do is draw my own land mass, add some geographical features like mountains, volcanoes, rivers and islands and try to determine what types of environments they would create based on their placement.

1 Like

I studied it a lot during the 8th grade and really liked it. However, afterwards my interest shifted from Geography to History more.
I leared pretty much all the countries of the world during the 8th grade, but I kinda forgot them now, as I lost interest in what was previously my favorite school subject.

1 Like

I love maps, and drawing them, for some reason when we did geography in science (cos we did that, don’t ask why) no one could understand how contour lines worked (like if the map was showing down or not) but I could, so I enjoyed it, to bad at my school ‘geography’ is more like study countries and their cultures not as much to do with maps and stuff and I like geology just thought I might say that

1 Like

Ooo, how did I miss this topic before. Real world geography has never been my favorite; I’d usually do okay in the geography bees back when I was a smol rain just because I have a good memory, but I never really cared too much. Now, fantasy geography is a different matter. :stuck_out_tongue: I love making and studying maps of fantastical places; there’s just something fascinating about them.

3 Likes

eyyyyyyyyyy

fantasy cartography gang must stick together

Although it’s not like fantasy and real-world geography aren’t interrelated.

1 Like

I just remembered a thing.
In middle school there was a priest ( i went to a religious school) that was an history, geography and italian teacher and, during launch breaks he stood near the big (but still relatively small) football field and he would ask questions about geography, history and italian literature and, if you answered right, he would give you one candy (only one per person). One of his favourites was capitals of the world/ europe. I was friend with the class’ nerd, so when this priest started asking capitals i had no hope.

Sad.

At least in italian and history I was relatively good so, every once in a while i was the first one who took the candy.

That priest is the only reason I studied geography and history, well… kinda. I studied because I wanted to DESTROY my friend.