How powerful are the different levels of G2 masks?

Ok, so in G2 we have a similar system of mask power levels.
Protector masks
Toa masks
Golden Masks

We know that each level has some control over their element, but which one has how much?

I originally thought that the protector masks were the equivalent of the noble masks, but then I read that the Protector’s mask were used to change the landscape of Okoto. (I can’t remember where I read it, though)

It takes a lot of power to change the landscape of an island, so are the mask more powerful than we think? What are your thoughts on this?

4 Likes

No idea :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the most powerful are obviously golden masks, then protector masks (In animations PoF could cast small fireball), then Toa masks which were said to have just few basic powers like cold and fire resistence, water breathing, plant communication and so on… Less powerful are Villager masks.

1 Like

I would think the golden mask might also have multiple powers (like in 2001). This would explain how Kopaka could project an energy shield in the animation.

1 Like

Where did you read that?

The villager masks are powerless, so yeah.

I interpreted that as him just crystallizing the moisture in the air around him to create an ice bubble. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

What about the Golden Protector mask Ekimu was found having?

I would imagine that that is just a powerless mask for the sake of ceremony.

3 Likes

Probably no more powerful than an Egyptian burial mask.

3 Likes

I red it on bionicle.com :smiley:
On the older version of page (second oldest, I think) were the powers of each Toa without their golden masks…
One may say that they can simply control it cuz they are Toa, but I believe that in new gen of Bonkle you need mask to control some element.

Didn’t they say they were staying clear of that whole “multiple mask powers” thing?

2 Likes

No, pretty sure they grant a low level of elemental power, like a Turaga would have.

2 Likes

I know that the protector’s masks are Elemental, but I don’t think the individual villagers have mask powers.

Ah. Yes, that’s right. I misinterpreted your other comment.

Do you think that Ekimu in the summer wave of 2015 will wear that mask?
Also if thats the case, maybe all of the protector mask are just for show and the only ones with power are the ones that dont look like the standard protector mask shape.

1 Like

Undoubtedly. From what has been leaked, the set Mask Maker comes in has conflict over the MoC.

No, it’s been confirmed that the Protector masks have some elemental power.

No, it’s been confirmed for a while that the protectors have Elemental masks. It’s the villagers that have Powerless masks.

1 Like

@ToaOrrel, @TeslaEffect, @Leoxandar, @Chro

In the recent LEGO Magazine, the BIONICLE pamphlet stated that the villagers, emphasis on villagers,

This leads me to believe that all masks have some sort of power.

4 Likes

Probably artistic license but anything’s possible.

3 Likes

So perhaps

Mask of Ultimate Power > Legendary(Control, creation, and any other such masks revealed in the future) > Golden Masks > Toa Masks > Protector Masks >Villager Masks

4 Likes

Is anyone else a little sad that Ekimu is the size of a Protector? Because that’d mean Makuta is too, and it really…mmm…I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel right.

1 Like