How to delete TTV account?

Is there a way to easily delete your TTV account? Can’t seem to find it at my account overview.

4 Likes

You can’t delete the account yourself.
You can ask mods to deactivate/“ban” your account and you could deactivate your notifications.

2 Likes

I see, that’s unfortunate. Do you know what happens with your posts and images when your account is deactivated / banned?

nothing
they’re still there

2 Likes

I don’t think that accounts can be outright deleted

But why do you want to delete your account anyway?

3 Likes

You don’t delete your account.

Your account deletes you.

16 Likes

There is no escape

8 Likes

Releases Shadow Hand and proceeds to absorb OP

“Join meeeee
Become paaart of myyy powerrr”

5 Likes

I am worried about copyright issues with photo’s. I am not sure what happens to your photo’s when you upload them on this platform.

xD

3 Likes

So far as I know, you can’t be sued for any pictures on here unless they’re inappropriate or you are deliberately breaking copyright laws with them. If you used some stock photos, I don’t think attribution would be necessary here, nor do I think pictures of licensed characters would be needing copyright here.

1 Like

Thanks for the response! What I am more worried about is if I lose the copyright of my own photo’s when I upload them here.

1 Like

No, you don’t lose your copyright. In fact, it will help prove your copyright in the case of infringement, since any posts you make with them will be able to show date, time, and possibly source of the photos. The latter I’m not entirely sure about, but it seems likely that TTV could track down the source of uploaded images.

3 Likes

The [terms of service] (Terms of Service - The TTV Message Boards) mention this as the copyright stuff
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 Deed | Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported | Creative Commons

3 Likes