How would you feel about a Bionicle line in the vein of the new Eternals set 76155?

So much yes! I just love these types of build! I got Arishem’s shadow just now and I like the experience of building. It feels very Titanesque. I do think an SCCBs line would go down a treat. Also the Ninjago mini-mechs also provide a good base to work on: the limb pieces give off serious Mata limb feels.

3 Likes

That would be inadvisable, the ratchet joints are designed for stability. Heavy models is exactly what they were meant for.

1 Like

Weight isn’t the only concern here. At the scale of the above figures, ratchet joints aren’t necessary, and they bring with them other downsides.

Ball joints would be able to hold the weight, and they have far more poseability; ratchet joints have a discrete number of positions, which makes it difficult to do any kind of fine-detail posing.

Yeah, those big ones would like only be advisable for the big set. Imo, the format of a hypothetical G3 or Constraction line would be:

A). V-VI ninjago mini-mech style sets (maybe I or II could have small animal builds)
B). I or II big Titan builds in the vein of Arishem’s Shadow (though the feet will need sorting out), a villain and a hero
C). Maybe a medium-sized set with like II mini-mechs or a good guy vc bad guy thing

A potential other angle you could approach this with is a more ‘blocky’ concept like the 3in1 Robot set. That set, that set, has a lot of potential.

1 Like