How would your favorite character die?

Pick your favorite character in all of Bionicle. I’m sure it’s hard, but how would you end their tale in the story?

If your favorite had a canon death, hypothesize an alternate death.

7 Likes

hmmm
i mean this could work for any of the toa mata, but i could see Gali get killed by marendar, and that be the big turning point that leads to tuyet forming her little empire2.0 and be the big catalyst for everything going balistic

6 Likes

Well I would love to see Takanuva sacrifice himshelf, Serizawa style to save the ones that he’s for the
years of being both a Matoran and Toa.

5 Likes

If Krika hadn’t been killed by Gorast, I think it would make sense for him to have been killed by Teridax for his disloyalty. I imagine he might have tried to escape Karda Nui and then would have been hunted down by Teridax once he controlled the GSR.

7 Likes

Abruptly

6 Likes

I think Hahli would probably die trying to defend someone else, not unlike her near-death in Downfall. Likely fending off Marendar, or protecting the Matoran from whatever Velika had planned. I’m certain she would jump to the aid of the Agori and Glatorian as well, and if she died defending them, it would have gone a long way toward bridging the social gap between the different cultures.

7 Likes

This is kind of what I have happening in my own personal thoughts for how the story goes, though I have it in the opposite order: after a bunch of other stuff happens, Gali negotiates some sort of peace with Marendar on the basis of the Toa not being as bad as the Great Beings planned for, but then when Tuyet starts her Toa Empire, Marendar thinks that Gali was part of a plot to clear the way for the Empire.

8 Likes

Kopaka and Pohatu dying side by side to buy time for Tahu and the team to do something awesome.

6 Likes

Whelp, there was this moon incoming…

However, I once tried to write an alternative ending. Toa Takanuva double-checked whether he is truly dead (after the GB civil war) and found him as he tried to scramble away in a broken Baterra shell. They would talk a bit about their misadventures and how their paths crossed. Takanuva remembers how he once almost killed Chirox, Terry wonders who of them actually made the decision that Jaller was more worth alive than dead. Terry would say that with the GSR he has lost everything and Takanuva knowing what happened in the Kingdom would stay silent and raise his weapon. Teridax makes one snarky comment about the Toa code.
Cut to black.
Turaga Takanuva wanders through the mountains, sits down and rests. His mind wanders back to the golden beach and the day he saw the shiny canister for the first time.

8 Likes

What if your favorite character is dead? (Matoro)

But also tied with Matoro is Kopaka, and he’s still alive.

So, I imagine Kopaka would go out in a sacrifice for his team or to save Pohatu from something while fighting Marendar or some overpowered enemy they cannot defeat by conventional means.

7 Likes

Having lived long enough to fulfill their destiny, all Matoran universe inhabitants all run out of memory and segfault to death.

6 Likes

Pohatu would use his Mask of Speed to pull off the Bionicle equivalent of the Hyperspace Ram from Star Wars and do something epic.

Even though Pohatu is my favorite, I always forget about the bromance with Kopaka.

He has to die saving his buddy. And then Kopaka gets real serious afterwards.

9 Likes

Honestly, what I’d find even more epic with that ending would be Kopaka then revealing that he never liked Pohatu and had just been playing with the fans the whole time. He just coldly destroys the basis of many fanfics…

It would be a good ending if you had Jerbraz defeats several extremely powerful villains (Marendar, Tuyet, etc.) and then dies somewhere from his injuries, only becoming visible after his death. And then it’s revealed that he’s a Skakdi…

3 Likes

Pouks copies the Golden-Skinned Being’s power to make dreams come true, and then does something amazing like healing everyone aboard the Red Star, or creating a utopia for everyone. Or, if that’s too important for a secondary character to do, then I’d say have him revive all the rahi that innocently died during all the conflicts, bringing the theme of the Hagah filling in for the negligent Makuta full circle. Ultimately, the GSB’s power is too much for him, and he fades away.

2 Likes

This kind of plays into the hinted future of the story; in The Powers That Be, Kopaka lays out a desire to effectively “retire” from being a Toa and do some adventuring of his own. I’ve always assumed that Pohatu would join Kopaka on his solo quest, though it would be interesting to see how Kopaka would react if he couldn’t.

But why, though? That’s just a twist for the sake of a twist; it adds nothing to the story, and it completely contradicts all of Kopaka’s inner thoughts about liking Pohatu.

I really like this; I might have to add it to my own personal theories.

I would add one detail, though, where his invisibility wasn’t as accidental as Jerbraz told Mazeka, and the “accident” is just a cover after he did it on purpose to avoid judgement from others. Also, plot-wise, I don’t think Jerbraz needs to die for this information to be revealed; it would be more interesting to me to see how other characters treat him after they know.

8 Likes

Slowly and painfully.

6 Likes

My favorite is Vakama. I think a cool ending if he had to die would be getting the mask of time back from Voporak. Like, he gets the mask, uses it to somehow take out Voporak but sacrifices himself in the process.

3 Likes

Yeah; even if he doesn’t die, I’ve always thought it would be cool to see Vakama lead a mission to get the Vahi back. It would be even cooler if the the Ignika paid off a certain statement from Greg and turned Vakama back into a Toa to do so.

4 Likes

my favorite would be nidhiki he was allways a strange character but if he didnt die stupidly by a rock in legends of metru nui then i would presume his good side would kick in and try to stop makuta but he would ultimately die shortly after by makutas strange shadow hand the same that killed lhikan

2 Likes

What rock?

This is how Nidhiki died; after initiating the Great Cataclysm, Makuta Teridax used his Shadow Hand to absorb Nidhiki and Krekka into himself, killing them in the process.

4 Likes