Hypothetical New Bionicle Composer

So, if Bionicle were to ever get its own film at some point, what with this reboot reinvigorating it and all, and also assuming Nathan Furst would be unable to return, who do you guys think would be a great replacement to compose a new theme for Bionicle?

My personal recommendations would be Michael Giacchino and Danny Elfman.

3 Likes

John Williams

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I second this opinion!

1 Like

Eh…I find his work too traditional to work for Bionicle.

Plus he’s made a vow to never deviate from classical music, meaning no techno.

I like me a bit of techno.

2 Likes

well isn’t the soundtrack from the movies not all that techno? (at least they don’t seem techno IMO)

Bionicle 2 had a bit of it.

really? huh I didn’t really feel it

We need to bring back the crew who made MNOG to make the soundtrack. I would like to hear an updated version of the Onu-Koro mines theme for the Earth Region… :blush:

3 Likes

You should’ve at least heard it in the credits…

See, IMO, I find this awesome, but doubt Williams would ever make something like it. Not just because it would lack techno, but also because his stuff seems to focus more on being loud and epic than being energetic and rhythmic.

3 Likes

ah I hear it now

well along with everything else, we would need some of that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Either is good, but I would prefer more energy. It’s like comparing the Elfman and Zimmer Batman themes. Zimmer’s is fine, but I’d prefer the Bionicle music to have more of the bounce and rhythm Elfman’s theme has.

If that makes any sense.

kinda, but I think a mix of epic and energetic could be great

Skrillex

Del the Funky Homosapien

1 Like

Ideally, I think that Akira Ifukube would have done a masterful job on a BIONICLE soundtrack. He was always innovating with musical thechnology, and is wholly responsible for one of the most recognizable sounds in cinema (with the possible exception of the lightsaber activation whoosh or a TIE Fighter’s screech).

Unfortunately, however, he’s a bit dead. So that would complicate matters.

My next choice (one that’s actually alive, last I checked), would be Kow Otani, the composer for (among other things, I’m sure) all the music for the Heisei Gamera trilogy and Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.

After that would be another (living) composer, Michiru Oshima. The woman responsible for the soundtracks to Godzilla 2000, Godzilla x Megaguirus, Godzilla x Mechagodzilla, and Godzilla x Mothra x Mechagodzilla: Tokyo SOS.

As for American composers, Mark Mothersbaugh completely overshadows anyone else (including the Japanese ones I listed prior [except Mr. Ifukube, of course]) in terms of what would be good for BIONICLE. In case you’re not familiar with his work, here are two pieces of music composed by him.

2 Likes

I got a good idea.
The guy that did the Jojo ost.
I would like some baroque opera dubstep in bionicle.

Heck, this could play as the skulls get the mask of creation

1 Like

Actually, I just remembered, Brian Tyler wouldn’t be a bad choice either.

Heck, he’s already worked with Lego before.

4 Likes

John Williams is the best, but I don’t see him working for LEGO seeing as he’s working on such major scores. Murray Gold could work as a more realistic option (see his work in Doctor Who and Torchwood).

1 Like

Well…John Williams is working a lot with Disney now…Disney distributed the original Bionicle trilogy…so maybe he could get some involvement? Who knows.

Brian Tyler made the Lego Universe soundtrack, and that’s easily my favorite video game soundtrack of all time.

I second this thought.

2 Likes

That is true, but John Williams does Star Wars, so I think he might be more pricey then what LEGO is willing to pay. That said, I’d love it if he did

1 Like