Ideas for New Bionicle 2016 Pieces

I just hope that there is a new add-on for torso shells, like the ones HF used during the 2.0 and the 3.0 series
@MakutaKirakh I know I am not a mod or something, but mind editing out the swear, just to avoid any problems with the actual ones

1 Like

I think the current torso shells are fine, but arenā€™t being used well (notice the breakout torso missing in '15). The biggest problem I have with the current G2 sets (in terms of build/pieces) are the torso add-ons and how the actual shoulders sit a couple lengths back on their bodies due to the gearboxes. The current torso add-ons being used sit far too high on the torso shells, and really constricts head movement, like how its impossible for Tahu to look down. They are also super masculine looking (as they were designed for primarily masculine characters of considerable size) and are hard to use for anything besides pectorals. I think Lego should replace them in '16 with a piece similar to the 2.0 torso add-on, but more bionicle inspired style wise. This piece should also look neither recognisable masculine or feminine (again, like the 2.0 torso add-on) and should have some flat area on it for prints, but generally be about as detailed as the current piston-y add-on piece.
I also think a foot piece that connects like the Metru/Inika/etc.feet is needed. Not only do I miss the look of the wider foot from the latter years of G1, but they were generally more versatile for MOCing, and the current HF feet are hard to work with because the socket is build in, which is really annoying. I think they should stay boot looking, but maybe with some design inspiration from the Mata feet or something, iā€™d even be happy with just a variant of the current feet without a built in socket.
I think more add-ons in a similar direction as the current new '15 ones would be cool,especially ones in many colors, or even just recolors of the current add-ons. Speaking of recolors, Iā€™d absolutely love trans purple bones in the style of the trans lime ones from Pohatu, they are way more versatile, as well as a few of those bones in trans orange. Iā€™d also absolutely adore trans bones and more trans shells in the darker trans blue color, since ice is represented by the lighter blue trans I think water should be the darker blue trans, like on the PoWā€™s mask.

much yes 0_0

7 Likes

I donā€™t know,seems gappy.

I donā€™t care it looks like CCBS Toa Mata armorā€¦ :3

1 Like

Nostalgia can be dangerousā€¦

i think we definatley need these pieces HOWEVER
lego should redesing the overly slick shells We need more pistons and hydraulics on them.

that would give it a Great Feel.

Personally was hoping for a smaller gearbox than the version we got, a more compact gearbox might help in the long-term.

Those already exist via shapeways;

2 Likes

No worth the prices.

True i suppose, though depends on your MOCā€™ing needs. I know they are doing hands also which i might getā€¦

no, I love the minimalism of the shells, we have addons for detail.

Iā€™ll really dislike the sets if they start giving them the hollow overdetailed look of G1.

4 Likes

i dont want overly detailed something more like the 0ā€™1 look

well, which is it?

4 Likes

0ā€™1 look.

wasnā€™t overly detailed tbh the new is TO simple

about the same level of detail as TF:Animated.
itā€™s not too simple.

2 Likes

itā€™s way to smooth and simple.

the torso armor piece looks just awful 2001 is better for armor

that comes down to taste, I like the more solid look.

3 Likes

well alright i prefer the 2001 not as solid look

which is why the current aesthetics work, itā€™s solid, but still has some of the detail of the old line, without going overboard.
to appeal to both groups, honestly the balance is for the best, going one way or the other would alienate half of the fanbase.

4 Likes

Not what you mean there m8 a tiny armor add on doesnt give it the old look.

iā€™d be happy with some feet that look more mata
and a new chest piece