I'm attempting my first MOC, and I need help

I’ve never done a MOC in my life, and a lot of people’s creations on the message boards have inspired me to make one, but I have no idea how to make one, I wouldn’t even know how to make a custom torso. I have heaps of 2008 and 2009 parts, so I hope this helps you guys out with giving me some help. All info is welcome!

2 Likes

I would suggest making a regular build and hold that as V1 then after awhile you realize what you want you want, and get the right pieces, I’m sure you could think of something and keep going at it until you get what you want, y’know.

I mean, look at @RaptorTalon, isn’t he on his, like, 14th version?

So yeah, there’s my advice

2 Likes

Thanks! yeah i’ve seen a lot of MOC’ers start of with really basic designs, so that sounds like the best thing for me to do in my situations

1 Like

Don’t try anything TOO complex or your going to get frustrated (ask 2008 me) just start off with a basic build.

Yep. Just go with a basic inika with custom armor.

V12.3

2 Likes

With 2008 and 2009 parts simple is definitely the best way to go. However, that’s not to say that’s your only option. I think when I started trying to build custom parts, what I did was simply heighten the upper torso , connect that to the waist with a technic beam, and add armor to fill in the gaps.

I can help you if ya want, however it will be rather difficult as I have no idea which parts you have

If making a standard inika build isn’t your cup of tea implying that you have vehicle parts perhaps you could make a simple torso out of technic and have the rest be simple limbs.

1 Like

Build, post, get critique, build, post, get critique, build, post, get critique, build, post, get critique, build, post, get critique, build, post, get critique, build, post, get critique

That’s probably the best advice I can give

EDIT: This was pointed out so i’ll add it,

Build, post, get critique

2 Likes

You missed a Build, post, get critique in there, but that is great advice

2 Likes

So… your advice is to build every MOC eight times?

Not quite, build until personal satisfaction. But eight is a pretty good number

Also not rebuild. Build upon.

Looks like you’ve gotten some pretty solid advice so far. The only thing I can add is start building. I’ve found that the best way to learn is to simply replicate good-looking stuff yourself.

BTW, I recommend adding pictures soon. A picture-less topic like this in the CC category is technically banned. :wink:

Add a picture of a stickman, it counts.

2 Likes

Just build. After awhile, you’ll get something you like.