Imagining Artahka (Meet the Maker) canon contest 2

Here is my entry for the Artahka canon contest. I started with the mata torso turned sideways and worked outwards from my spare parts bin. The green lego bricks are mean to represent surfaces that could have runes carved onto them along with any other free surfaces on the armor.

Main pose:

Front:

Side:

Back:

Breakdown:

Other poses:

Thank You.

18 Likes

imo, the torso is a bit too short. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had it longer at first, but I made it shorter to make him look less like a standard humanoid.

1 Like

He’s also too wide

1 Like

Those are some abnormally wide hips, which together with the scrawny limbs make him look really awkward.

Nice hammer with the rubber band holders though.

1 Like

Like the use of all the G1 pieces, gives it plenty of texture.

Well people seem to not like anything but a standard humanoid for some reason, I don’t really understand it, I personally think it can make it unique if you do it right, and you certainly did the job well!

1 Like

While it may be kinda blocky and rectangular, you got several interesting bits in this build. The claw hands are cool, and I like the use of Inika torsos for the legs.

1 Like

Agreed. The antistuds on the system pieces are also a cool detail, that I haven’t seen on any other Artakha MOCs.

A bit of clarification: I don’t think that non-humanoid proportions are necessarily bad; However, I feel as though this specific entry did not pull it off as well as I think it could have. The short, blocky torso combined with the long thin legs makes it look a little goofy to me, as oppose to menacing.

But that’s just my opinion. It’s still a fine MOC, even if I do have some minor gripes with it.

EDIT: Hmm, I’m in the process of voting, and this is one is starting to grow on me…

2 Likes

swoltahka

2 Likes