Is Kapura an Av-Matoran??

So I was recently playing the MNOG and became curious.

What is Kapura’s deal? NO-ONE else in the ENTIRE MU has the power to just “move slowly” and appear places. In the MNOG, Kapura is told by Vakama that he has a “rare ability” which implies that somewhere, someone other than Kapura can do this thing too.

Then I wondered, who? It occurred to me (real world science incoming) that scientists have been able to use light to make a molecule meters away identical to a molecule from the origin of the light. This is similar to Kapura’s power. The molecule at the origin isn’t moving hardly at all, it’s the light. If Kapura had the ability to use light to make air molecules in Ko-Koro turn into him, this would imply that he is actually an Av-Matoran.

So, is this possible? We know that the Order of Mata Nui hid a bunch of Av-Matoran, and that these disguised Av-Matoran stuck out where they were hidden, like Takua. Kapura, while he is colored like a Ta-Matoran, does stick out. He is slower, odder, and spends a lot of time away from Ta-Koro in the forest. This leads me to believe that he might actually be an Av-matoran.

So, what do you guys think? Am an idiot, or do I have something?

5 Likes

You could ask Greg.

3 Likes

How/where?

It’s in the Ask Greg category of the message boards.

Also, I was always reminded of the Great Spirit Robot using the Red Star to teleport and move through the universe, so what if Kapura also harnessed the Red Star to do move? Now, I can’t figure out why the Great Beings would do this. There, that’s my two cents on this topic

1 Like

Changed to Ask Greg Catagory.

:+1:

2 Likes

Not to my knowledge, no. Kapura’s particular talent was a creation of the original story team, long before anyone knew there would be Av-Matoran, and the story behind it was never explained to me.

14 Likes

Thank you for replying to my message. I really appreciate it.

And for joining these boards.

And for Bionicle.

3 Likes

It’s a decent explanation, but at the same time it wouldn’t explain how Vakama wasn’t suspicious that an ordinary Ta-Matoran had that kind of ability.

According to the original lore, Vakama was the one who tutored Kapura in the the technique. Maybe it’s an ability that can be achieved by accessing one’s inner light, in the same way that some characters (like Roodaka) are able to access their inner shadow. I dunno, just throwing something out there.

1 Like

It’s funny, I see a lot of theorizing about Kapura’s power but rarely is his other unique attribute brought up. He’s also noted to burp up fireballs which is something no other Matoran has been known to do.

Personally I prefer leaving him unexplained (it adds to the enigma of his character), but if I had to guess I’d say his “power” is related to an overactive internal power source. Perhaps with the lack of tune up equipment on Mata Nui he had to find ways to make the best of his condition, such as moving great distances to burn off the excess energy in his system.

3 Likes

i am convinced

@Planetperson its already known that the turaga know more than they let on so vakama could know about him being an av matoran

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

2 Likes

I like this idea, I’d forgotten about him coughing fire.

And of course, going to Karzhani’s realm would have made things worse, lol

Why would an Av-Matoran cough fire?

2 Likes

They realized Takua wasn’t fire enough, so when the Order placed Kapura they over corrected.

Idk, i’m just spitballing

1 Like

My initial thoughts on this matter really can be distilled down to this, straight up. If an official explanation for Kapura’s powers was ever created, I wouldn’t want to hear it.

See, there’s no way that Vakama or any of the other Turaga on Mata Nui could know that, as none of their activities on Metru Nui or in the years prior to coming of the Toa Mata would have made them privy to that knowledge.

Now, did this actually happen at some point in time during the series prior to when we meet him in 2001? I don’t recall that off the top of my head; however, I might have forgotten something. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Because you went to Karzhani :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So, I looked, and yeah, it didn’t happen. Kapura never visited Karzahni. Also, it’s spelled “Karzahni”. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like