JonBlueFire's Toa Topic

Hello there!
Okay, I want to make this clear to everyone, before I show anything, that this will be my new topic for my new toa MOCs as well as improvements to my old toa MOCs.

With that out of the way, I present my new toa of plasma, and my improved toa of plant-life!

Name: Toa Ionti of the Toa Nurai (pronounced: ion-tea)
Element: Plasma
Mask: Kanohi Pheulsna, the Mask of Stamina (Grants the user limited protection against physical attacks and increased resistence to high/low temperatures)
Weapon: Plasma Staff
Personality: Ionti is what some call, “…as bad as good can get!” Fierce, yet loyal to her fellow toa, she fights with all has, which can sometime lead to trouble as she doesn’t entirely believe in the Toa Code, feeling that the baddies should at least be decently injured before they retreat. One of her team’s most powerful fighters, she wants to show all the evildoers that they messed with the wrong toa!
Quote: “Listen, Rahi-Breath! When I’m done with you, you won’t have the heart to commit savage actions ever again! Literally!”

I created the first version of this Moc as a made up toa of time and remade her into a toa of plasma after I remade my plant-life toa. She is, mostly, a basic Inika build with the only limitations to her possibility being the armor on the back of her thighs. I did add “breakout” hero factory hero cores on her feet to give her a little bit of extra height. For any who may be wondering, that is a translucent old “hand” piece on her crotch area; I plan to replace with a solid orange version to match with the color scheme as I do not have any of the piece in that color right now. The upper torso is, indeed, custom with the only “loose” parts being the top part of her breast plate and the foot piece used as a back plate; they do not ■■■■■/fall off, though and will stay in place almost all of the time.

Name: Toa Calenta of the Toa Nurai
Element: Plant-life
Mask: Kanohi Mesan, the Mask of Agility (Grants the user increaed agility and acrobatics)
Weapon: Dual Plant Daggers
Personality: Calenta is friendly, kind, and playful all in one; but when her friends are threatened, she bursts into action! She is the one of the only toa of her team to converse with Matoran much of the time, as she was once one of them. She has the heart of an explorer and loves to observe nature, but shall place that on hold until she is sure the Matoran are safe.
Quote: “Now matter how many time you try to destroy us plants, we’ll just keep growing back!”

To be honest this MOC didn’t really change a lot from it’s version one.
(here’s a picture for reference:)

The main stuff that changed with this MOC was really the backstory, as before she was in the Battle for Metru Nui, and now, she’s not. Also, her name was changed from “Katli” to “Calenta.” Also she now has actual toa-tools now instead of an elemental blaster. The MOC itself largely stayed as a basic Inika build. I completely remade her upper torso (still using some of the same parts) allowing her better arm articulation and a third color added (due to the 2015 Gali chestplate):yellow, shown throughout the system flower pieces. I’m almost complete with this MOC; the only issues being the gappy-ness of the upper torso from certain angles and my lacking of another dark green vine piece for her daggers.

A weapons picture.

A standard height comparison / front view picture.

A side picture.

A back picture.

I’ve hoped you all enjoyed these MOCs and the long backstories and such!
As I’ve said, any new/improved toa MOCs of mine shall be posted in this topic (in the replies section)

Constructive criticism and comments are appreciated! Thank you!

23 Likes

Not a fan of Ionti’s torso, but the rest looks great.

Not particularly fond of Ionti’s torso, however, the rest looks very nice. I like the flowers on Calenta.

why does the orange one remind me of pearl? is it because of the poses? if the fact that she has a spear?

Cool MOCs, however I like Toa Calenta better. Keep up the good work!

Looking great

I like them, good job.

It bugs me how high the head is compared to the shoulders.

Please forgive me on how long it took me to reply back to all of you

I was lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

@Saxton
@SwagMeister Thank you both for your feedback! For Ionti’s torso I just used whatever orange parts I had. Bionicle doesn’t have a lot of orange parts alltogether and I never bought Nex from Hero Factory. I anyone has a suggestion for a different part/setup for her torso (mainly the chest area) I’m all ears to listen to them!

@Asriel I’m not sure! I’m not a fan of Steven Universe, so I would not think to look there for inspiration. I just posed her as how I thought her personality would be.

@LaserKnight Thanks! (Yeah , I also like Toa Calenta better!)

@Calebmar12 Thanks!

@Hutere Thank you!

@Sonus Well, I dealing with big masks (specifically Calenta’s ) I wanted to make sure that I don’t have conflicting pieces, but yes I do see your point. To me though, the head being so high is not the first thing that must be fixed, so the heads will stay as they are for a while.

Thank you everybody for your feedback! Again I appologize for the long response wait! Another toa is already complete, so I will post her very soon (she should be out this same day). That’s all I have for now, so just hang tight!:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello again!
I am finally ready to post my next Toa! (and because it is more creative content, I can do that in a separate post!:laughing:)
Before I do, though, I would like to apologize for the wait (I had trouble deciding which mask power to give her)

So without further ado, here is Vakila, Toa of Lightning!

Name: Toa Vakila of the Toa Nurai
Element: Lightning
Mask: Kanohi Krisa, the Mask of Repitition (Allows to user to repeat an ability or attack after they’ve just performed it, regardless of how strong the move is or how exahusted the user will become. However, this power has a cooldown period differing in length depending on how strong the move that was replicated is.)
Weapon: Dual Electric Batons
Personality: Goodhearted, yet often stubborn, Vakila often strives to be the center of attention no matter what the situation. She can be a fierce fighter, but sometimes slips up giving her enemies the edge in a fight. Vakila’s teammates have gotten used to her energetic personality, but tend to find her annoying as well, as her obstinate nature often leads to quarrels within her team.
Quote: “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m much more than just your average toa!”

Some other photos:

Again this MOC is a basic inika build, disregarding the chest. I added the neon yellowish color because: one, I was running out of the other color of bohrok eyes, and two, it adds more color to the MOC in general. The weapons are practically just Lewa Uniter’s weapons, just changed to match Vakila’s color scheme and element.
The build itself works, but is rather unstable, as both the chest section and the back section are connected to the main body with just one axle. They do work, and the only way to fix the problem would be to rebuild the chest (which I do not plan on doing) or the modify some pieces in order to attach the chest to the body using more points of connection.

In dealing with some of my other changes to my first two MOCs on this topic:

• I’ve changed their toa team to the Toa Nurai
  • Iv’e changed Toa Ionti’s weapon to two plasma swords instead of one plasma staff (I feel as though staffs are more for leader figures)

That’s all for now!
I have some another new Toa MOC to show and some additions to older Toa MOCs, so there’s plenty more who need to be posted!

I appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback! Thank you in advance!

3 Likes