Kanae's sport - Phantoka [Worlbuilding] [Characters] [Pitch]

What are we going to do for the snitch or are we? The only thing I have thought of so far is the way college teams do it IRL, someone dresses in gold and runs away with an amulet the seekers must recover. This in turn made me picture Eljay protecting the snitch because of his golden Miru, lol.

4 Likes

That’s assuming there are multiple objects to use in the game. I could see it working fine with just one ball/disc/whatever.

2 Likes

Agreed. Having more than one point-scoring object wouldn’t be practical. That’s one of the things I don’t really like about quidditch.

1 Like

A way that a snitch could work is that it’s a Bryha, a small rahi that has been trained to flee from players.

1 Like
  1. The structure of the game might be a bit too on-the-nose (too similar to Quidditch).
  2. I like the idea of a small Rahi acting as part of the game, but how would they catch it? Would someone be carrying a net on a stick?
  3. If the Rahi already has a name, we don’t really need to call it the berry. We could just call it by its name (Bryha).

1 - Here’s an idea:
Before the start of the game, players choose the amount of minutes the game will last, but it can be no shorter than three minutes less than the amount of players in the game, and no longer than 6 minutes more than the player count. Instead of the Bryha ending the game, it shortens the time that is left till the game ends by an eighth of the original time (example ; 16 and 2.) Whichever team has the most point by the end of the game wins.
2 - Ohhh Shnaayup i forgot about that lol
The glider could be either in a backpack or it could be this :

3 - Okay.

2 Likes
  1. It seems unnecessary for the length of time to be shortened by a fraction of the original time. I could see one of two possible alternatives to this, which would require the Bryha to be extremely difficult for even the most skilled players to catch.
  • The match is divided into three segments. The catching of the Bryha ends each segment. Therefore, the catching of three Bryha ends the match.
  • The match can last for a maximum of 60 minutes, but the catching of the Bryha prematurely ends it.
  1. I could see that working.
1 Like
  1. Yeah your rules are better lol
  2. Which one? I presume you mean @RAKRONDEWL’s idea.
1 Like

Either one of them, as long as there is a proper translation into LEGO system.

Paging @RAKRONDEWL @UltimateMustacheX @jayzor17 @Levva: What if they rode windboards instead? Like surfing in the air. That leaves their arms with a full range of motion, and they can more easily turn and navigate as well as balance.

4 Likes

I like either the surf boards, or the wingsuits (I just remembered that they use those in Legend of Korra later in ther series). Of the two, I like the wingsuits more, but I’m fine with either.

2 Likes

All of them are good, but I’m wondering how you could translate wingsuits in to system. Minifigs can’t have their arms be horizontal.

1 Like

The boards would definitely be easier to translate to system, though they seem less realistic to me.

2 Likes

A way that back mounted gliders could be incorporated is like this.

Pretty much like legends of Chima. The design can be modified to use other wing pieces, and would probably be attached to a minifig with this piece.

1 Like

I was about to comment with something similar. Basically plastic rods that stick out from each side of the neck/shoulders. Then cloth stretches from those rods down to the legs, where they could peg into the leg holes on the back of the minifig legs (maybe have a single plastic piece that the cloth goes to, and that pegs in). The rods could use that piece you linked to connect to the neck.

I’m not familiar with system, so I’m not sure if this sort of thing is possible, or efficient to accomplish the intended design.

If this could work, it would free up their arms for holding the ball, though I’d be fine with just saying it’s held by their wind stream.

2 Likes

You would need some custom cloth with studs on the end to do it. A modification to the design could fix that, but I have no idea what to do.

1 Like

Either studs in the cloth, or have the cloth hook onto a plastic piece that would have the studs to peg in.

1 Like

I don’t know of there is any system cloth big enough. Some cape from freinds might be long enough though.

1 Like

Considering that the Matoran are capable of freely manipulating the elements, realism isn’t too important. That being said, the boards could be altered so that they can more easy hover, like a disk–

Wait, what if the boards are in the shape of disks? Better balance, longer air time, you could even have little handles on the side for emergency support!

2 Likes

Geedang.
What if the disks they ride on… are the balls?
It could work like this:
All players get wingsuits, and 1 is given a disk to ride on. They can pass the disk and try to get to the other side without their opponents knocking the disk out from under their feet.
Too quidditch-y?

1 Like

We have officially come full circle, I believe. I love it.

IMO, all riders should ride a disk, which has to pass thorough a goal to score a point. It makes things more interesting to have to worry about each player individually. I would say that adding a snitch equivalent makes it too close to quidditch, and also detracts from the main point of recklessly throwing ones self through a hoop.

3 Likes