Kare, the Atua (WIP)

Thank you! It’s definitely better and solves the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that’s my cue.

I’ll point out that a good concept doesn’t necessarily justify its execution. While you have great designs - and potential -for the color placement, right now it isn’t executed in such a way that makes it clear “This is what the color scheme means”. You shouldn’t have to rely on explaining your thought process - the MOC is intended to be the explanation of all of its parts.

I’m in the process of a full critique of this MOC, and I will say first off, I think it’s a good start. Stay tuned, and remember, I critique to help improve, as well as for personal amusement. :wink:

Thank you, and I can’t wait to hear it.

Shamans aren’t properly known in culture, which is why I feel I need to explain such things. :confused:

I’ve ended up in arguments with Magic the Gathering fans because they strongly believed shamans could be violent and aggressive.

I just realized why the hip area looks so overdesigned and cluttered, I just noticed the ccbs torso used for the spine, I would recommend tearing that out and using technic instead. That would allow for a much less complicated build for the hips, and a nicer looking shoulder area as well.
I would also recommend not using the nuva chest piece, it doesn’t really flow.

The hip is connected to the torso using three joint sections. The front of the hip with the nuva chest plate contains a protector body frame.

There are two protector body frames and the body frame Onua 2015 uses.

I can’t do much on uncluttering, as it would cause the entire hip section to collapse. If anything should be changed, I’d like to fix the back part and smooth down the nuva chest plate.

This is a really groovy MOC so far. I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Thank you so much!

I really like the color scheme. It reminds me of something Tropical.

Thank you ^^ I’m glad you like it

The reason it’s cluttered is because of that, tear out that ccbs spine and make a technic frame, those ball joints on the waist look bad anyway, and are wholly responsible for the cluttered look of the waist.

I realize that you have spent a lot of time on your self moc, but the torso has a bad core, I think the armor on the upper body looks fine, but the core is causing other parts to suffer.
If you get rid of the current spine you can clean up the moc fairly easily.

Okay, thank you

Aight, time for the critique

My interpretation of your comments is that you’re attempting to make either a mismatched, multicolored outfit for the character or a multi-colored clothing set. However, neither of these ideas seem to come out when viewing the MOC - it simply looks like a jumble of colors. I’m not really sure which way to suggest going with rectifying this - I’m not yet certain of your skill level. You could “play it safe” and simply remove a few colors, or you could use color blocking or color layering to better define how these colors complement each other.

As for the build itself. The arms could stand to use a longer length of shell to cover the elbow. The upper arms are alright. The thighs look too flat and mechanical for the style of build, should either find some armor to but over the length of it or try something else. As for the torso. Props to you for making a decent looking hourglass figure. The waist seems to protrude a bit much, though, might want to alter it with a flatter appearance overall. The chest/midsection is pretty good, smoother overall (sans the protruding axles. The shoulders also need some form of armor covering the sockets/TECHNIC.

That’s what I have right now, will mention anything I might have forgot when it comes to me.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll try lowering the colors a bit, not sure how yet. I was told to completely redo the waist, but I think I’ll just remove a couple pieces if I can. I do want to get rid of the rakshi head on the back. I just don’t have a flatter piece unless I completely remove the middle joint. That could work…

I don’t have any longer shells that the size 4, so changing those might take a long while. I’ll definitely keep that in mind. I’d change the thighs too, but there’s no alternative pieces that I know of with the same size and shape.

Thank you again for the detailed review. :slight_smile:

There’s definitely the clutter that hinders the build’s possible appearance: I see you’ve worked on this for a while, but the clutter is almost unbearable.
The odd Rahkshi boobs aren’t necessary; I suggest you tear them out.
Colors, colors, colors: there’re too many.

That’s about it.