Karzahni, Abyssal Overlord

that head is astounding! rest looks great too

7 Likes

I was convinced of the aesthetic until the stomach lasers took me right out of it lol

great moc, the attempt for a purist olisi turned out better than I thought it would, well done

6 Likes

This moc is GLORIOUS, awesomely done

7 Likes

You did a great recreation for of his head

5 Likes

That custom made head design is mad cool! really well done!

6 Likes

that head is incredible
this looks great!

6 Likes

The head build is incredibly impressive —looks like there’s a flexible tube being threaded through 1x2 system grills in the lower jaw?

The stomach lasers alone convinced me

6 Likes

Yessir!
it stays in place using the dark green exo-force arm being held by a droid clip (part 48729) that is connected through the mouth port of the toa metru head underneath
its basically witchcraft

6 Likes

The whole build is cool, but the best part to me is easily the mask. I’ve never seen anyone make a brick-built Olisi before, and it works really well. Obviously it’s not as accurate to the artwork as a custom 3d model, but the purism more than makes up for that. My favourite part is either the techniques for the teeth, or the rubber band stitches on the forehead.

The skull belt is another cool detail.

Would you be willing to share a breakdown of the mask (or even the whole build)?

5 Likes

I love it. I’m always endlessly impressed by how the community is able to make such detailed masks out of the smallest lego pieces. It so impressive.

4 Likes

I’d be glad to do a mask breakdown soon enough, just gotta find a few minutes after work to do so

3 Likes

This looks terrific! I really, really like how you took the whole green and blue harlequin all throughout his design, not just the Olisi. His belt is also impressive.

4 Likes

Finally a karzahni head that you don’t have to buy or cut or modify pieces to make

3 Likes

yooo this dude is crazy

4 Likes

He’s really wide. That mask is grape though!

3 Likes

Can the Olisi be removed like a normal mask, or does it also rely on other connections to the head?

3 Likes

it has other connections
the top of the head and eyes hold on to a technic connector placed in the eye socket, the horns and teeth are connected to a 32056 liftarm on both sides of the head

2 Likes

hey there, got that breakdown ready for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgfWMFqk8m0
enjoy

3 Likes

I have a rough idea for replacing the flimsy illegal connections on the eyes:

I have no idea if this could actually be implemented with the rest of the build, though.

Also:

This is a lot more similar to the original design, but it lacks the connection point for the “stitches”.

4 Likes

Those are really nice solutions
But they wouldnt fit the current build due to the bar plate being held in to a pin by its middle understud, not the 2 main ones
2540-14-755cea74-f64e-490e-a08f-fa31f4355bfd~2

4 Likes