KINI NUI (3D Model)

Last semester I took a 3D design class in order to make stuff for Bionicle. And here’s the first Milestone. A 3D rendering of KINI NUI. I hope to make it so anyone can print this model out but there are still a few bumps. I’ve been having trouble slicing it (converting it from a model to printable data) and am going to have to recreate the whole thing again for printing. Something about a couple of pieces being .000000000000000000000000000001 mm apart. I did this in sketch up and can upload it to 3D Warehouse if anyone wants.

So without further ado here’s what it looks like:

41 Likes

what are its dimensions?

21’ 411/16"
by
21’ 411/16"
by
7’ 5/8"

Yes, the model is rather large. I was planning to scale it down to around a couple inches once it could print.

cool, I imagine that it took all of the previous semester and I don’t envy you for that I respect you as you seem to be one very dedicated person.

Thank you so much. I modeled it after the MNOG image and then extrapolated from there. I think the hardest part was finding clever ways to convince one shape to go through another.

Wait, 21 ft. x 21 ft. x 7 ft.! What the absolute heck! (Though I would still totally try and print it.)

Yah, it is pretty wide.

I’ll scale it down for the final model.

This is pretty cool. I assume its going to be scaled to the toa mata when you print it? Also, do you think you could provide a link?

So, what scale are you looking at printing it at?

So… size in cm?

Yes I will provide a link when it’s done

Scaled down to the Toa Mata it’s about 6 1/2 by 6 1/2 and 2 1/2 feet tall, since the Toa Mata Toys are about 7 inches tall. As awesome as that would be, I wouldn’t have anywhere to put it and not enough money to order it. So I’ll defiantly be scaling it down to around the size of my palm.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind making a “Toa-Scale” Kini Nui out of cardboard, but that would be a lot of work so it would have to be a collaborative effort. I don’t know of any big Bionicle Fans anywhere near me so it most likely won’t happen.

Around the size of my palm so around 3 1/2 inches.

That’s would be about 8cm, maybe smaller

2 Likes

Holy Cow!, That is huge. I can see why you are scaling it down, who even owns a 3D printer that size?

1 Like

A very impressive feat, I can’t wait to see what it looks like printed out.

Although it’s not ready to print I’ve uploaded this to 3D warehouse for anyone who uses Sketchup.

Pillars are done:

I’ll try to work on it every Wednesday.

Finished reconstructing it. I just hope it slices properly.

The pieces came together so nicely.

1 Like