Knockoffs Discussion

In case you haven’t read it yet, this year’s edition of Communist LEGO is out, where AFOL Anthony Tompkins reviews a wide array of bootleg LEGO sets.

1 Like

Too bad he doesn’t review Bionicle knockoffs, though I appreciate Pohatu and Lewa’s cameo in the review summary page

2 Likes

well well we got some new knock offs tho some doesnt look bionicles they are great i have them

3 Likes

these actually look kinda cool though.

2 Likes

they are pretty cool(tho i replaced some pieces to make them look better cuz reasons)and the mask are pretty cool too and the pritining is NEAT

1 Like

I found a bunch of gems today at Barnes & Noble. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have absolutely no idea why the last two pictures are upside down…

That technic style one looks interesting. It’s like a cheaper version of Mindstorms and Boost.

1 Like

These guys look legitimately great. Very creative weapons and solid color schemes.

Lego knock-offs from the middle east

The more and more I see these, the more and more I wish we could get Command & Conquer lego sets.

1 Like

There’s always the next best thing:

The thing is those are EXPENSIVE. I don’t have that kind if cash.

Plus, brickwarriors are better

It’s a totally different type of product though :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately. If they were to mix these models with Brickwarriors weapons designs, I’d be a happy man.

So you prefer BrickWarriors modern combat/WWII weapons to the BrickArms weapons that Brickmania uses?

Yes. They fit the lego aesthetic better IMO.

though, I’m apparently the only one with that opinion it seems.

1 Like

Really? Interesting. Of course, this type of thing is very much up to personal preference (since minifig-scale is very abstracted).

##BrickWarriors:

##BrickArms:

They’re very close. To me, BrickWarriors feels chunkier and geared towards a younger audience. In contrast, BrickArms has more delicate, generally smaller weapons with thinner barrels and more detachable magazines/scopes. In addition, I would say that BrickArms generally has more professional marketing and product packaging.

If you say so.

I won’t argue there. Whoever is running the main page needs to do some work. it’s been the same for almost 3 months and I KNOW they have new pieces.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a problem for almost all the LEGO 3rd party manufacturers (and most of the LEGO conventions too). As a web designer, I can say that many of their sites don’t do a great job of showcasing how great their products/experiences are.

The thing I like about Brickwarriors the most, and something i wish they advertised more, is the mystery packs. They’re 5 dollars, or 10 for the big pack, but you get 15 pieces (or 30) that are overstocked, slightly mismolded but still functional, odd colors, or unreleased. You can either get one that has no specification, or the ones the focus on fantasy, medieval, or WW/Modern Warfare. That many parts for that low of a price is absolutely ridiculous.

A screenshot of the page.

1 Like