Knockoffs Discussion

So how good are the knock offs you own?

1 Like

The Masker Turagaā€™s, and plentyā€¦ PLENTY of KO Transformers, even reviewed a few. Considering reviewing the Turaga at some point.

1 Like

Is the quality good or at least decent?

1 Like

It is actually, a little less then the norm of Lego however you throw the pieces in a bin you canā€™t tell which is real or not except for some bits that were changed mold wise, mostly pins. Funny part is about 13 years ago or something, DONā€™T HOLD ME BACK ON THAT, joking aside I got one of those random Kanohi packs. Inside was an Orangeā€¦ uhā€¦ Nuju mask, the irony is the KO Turaga Vakama comes with the same mask again in Orange so now I have two. But yeah, my biggest problem is theyā€™re built the same from each other, no extended arms or legs, just with different masks, weapons, and colors. Cool part is Matau was my favorite and that one closely resembles the originalā€¦ until my dog got to it. WARNING: Dogs and Lego donā€™t mix.

3 Likes

I am a Gears of war fan but some reason these knock offs is using the Bionicle title with Of war at the end

6 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure all of us have seen that.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen them before. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

ā€¦

Wow.

1 Like

thats terrabad

2 Likes

Had to edit your topic page, so it looked better. Also, how dare they?

1 Like

Thisā€¦ This is an outrage! ~Detox

1 Like

Itā€™s funny and annoying at the same time.

3 Likes

Itā€™s beautiful, isnā€™t it?

2 Likes

They were on an episode of On eBay Today (R.I.P.)

5 Likes

I have seen the Boomer toy but it looks nothing like a boomer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDH31A_gBqE7 this video is from Ashens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2n5s9eiGc4 bionicle of war 3 has the same Marcus and Baird but Different Locust and Cole added on but no Dom rip off

Edited for Triple Post - WajKnight

I had heard about some Toa Inika KOs, but I never got to see any pics. Anyone else know what Iā€™m talking about?

1 Like

@LelouchViBritannia

Dude, I would LOVE to see Ashens talk about those knockoffs XD

2 Likes

I love bootlegs.
I think BZ Power has a few more picsā€¦
Not that Iā€™m actively on there or anything.

3 Likes

The Decool Star Soldiers are the best knockoffs ever made.
You see, i live in a country where most of the original Lego-made sets are only available at Hypermarkets like Carrefour and living in a small city, i had none up until 2011.
So i had to rely on small shops which had knockoffs of the Bionicle sets up until that point.
I became a Bionicle fan around 2008-2009 (altough i had sets from much earlier, the first sets i got where some of the 2004 matoran,at the time of their release.Still knowing no english a them time, i always referred to them as ā€œthose lego kind of robotsā€).When TLR came out, i was blown away by the movie (donā€™t judge me, i was a kid at the time) and i instantly fell in love with Gresh.For years and years i looked for him, online shops, hypermarkets, and i never managed to find him.For some reason, the glatorians are very hard to find here.Till a few days ago.
So i was walking around the town when i saw a small chinese shop there and decided to look inside.I went there and guess what:
I saw a bunch of Decool Star Soldiers.They were all glatorians.
Vorox,Skrall, Stronius,Malum, Strakkā€¦and Gresh.
My head exploded when i saw him.I immediately grabbed him, went to the checkout and when i got out of the store, i was the happiest man on earth.
I got home and i opened the box.
All the pieces where exactly like in the original set, the blades, the helmet, the armor partsā€¦even the translucent head (which is very hard to find in knockoff sets).
I built him and the articulation is perfect.The set is exactly like the original one made by Lego.The instruction manual and the box were really neat, and they had perfect english on them.
I am very happy to finally have Gresh, even if heā€™s a knockoff.
He is just like the original.My cousin also has a Star Soldier, the Skrall guy and the set is also perfect.
These guys at Decool make the best ever knockoffs and i gotta say hats off to them.
The price i paid for Gresh was 20 lei, which is about 5 dollars.Thatā€™s way less than the Lego Gresh, but the quality is just the same.
The Decool guys also knockoffed sets like Von Nebula, Which Doctor, Toa Mata Nui or Nidihki,and they are just like Legoā€™s.
I would recommend getting Star Soldier sets if you see them, because theyā€™re way cheaper and have the same quality!

3 Likes

I once got a Decool Rotor from my visit from Hong Kong. I wouldnā€™t say that the quality is on-par with Legoā€™s but itā€™s definitely better then other knockoffs. There were a few noticeable issues though.

Length 2 plus pins donā€™t have the small ā€œcutsā€ in between them, making it harder to remove them, and they were a bit ā€œrounderā€ than a clean, straight, plus shape, giving it more friction and sometimes snapped my Lego technic connectors because of their larger shape.

Ball sockets have more friction then regular Lego sockets, but snap easily if used too much.

Some pieces were made of regular ā€œsoft plasticā€. For example the regular Inika shoulder armor from Lego had more of a ā€œmetallicā€ texture. When you drop it on the ground it would go ā€œclink clankā€. But with the knockoff, it didnā€™t make that noise, and were softer; I could make a dent in it if I tried hard enough with my nail.

Technic bushing were a slightly different shade of med-stone grey, almost pink-ish. They were thicker though, meaning they had more friction and were less prone to breaking.

Other technic connectors were far more easy to break unfortunately, and some of them werenā€™t able to connect to regular Lego pins due to a slightly wider plus hole.

Despite these issues, I think that Decool is still the closest you can get to the real thing. 8/10

3 Likes