Ko-Wahi Concept: The Daunting Precipice

Well, here it is, the next edition to my Wahi spotlights. Assuming you’ve watched the recent podcost, I assume you know G3 will keep the OG 6 elements. So here it is, Kopaka’s tundra.
The ice is mountains are a bit different, but I think it synergizes well with a toa who controls the element. What do you guys think? Leave ideas and comments below!

…and yes, I gave him a cape you incessantly demanding plebeians…happy now?

83 Likes

nope.

1 Like

Siiiiiiggghhhh

4 Likes

I’m always happy to see your art.

3 Likes

You never cease to amaze…

This piece is absolutely stunning! It captures everything the Ice Region should have: throw backs to G1 (Flags and “Mountains”) as well as awesome creative liberties (The evergreen trees and the more frozen look of said “mountains”)
All in all, it’s awesome and I love it! Definitely my favorite of your works, so far!

2 Likes

Beautiful.

Also yussss they kept all the original elements.

Also Kopaka with a cape is amazing. I like the red as a sort-of secondary color for capes and flags and stuff. Reminds me of Matoro’s red marker flags in MNOG.

Oh, and keep drawing moooaaar. These are amazing.

5 Likes

wait wot m8

I’d say the whole things looks pretty cool.

The tilting of the mountains looks really cool.

DANGIT I DID IT AGAIN

2 Likes

(Insert sarcastic tone here)

It’s actually pretty funny how many people suggested this. When I went to draw this I had to mentally remind myself to give Kopaka a cape. I think it works well for him… probably would look good on Lewa too.

Nailed it.

3 Likes

I think this encapsulates the essence of Ko-Wahi perfectly, right down to the red flags. The crystalline look of the mountains is also a nice stylistic choice.

2 Likes

Looks really nice.

this is freakin’ beautiful

1 Like

Personally, I like your Le-Wahi better, but this is still fantastic. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Sweet insert explicative here. This just keeps getting better. It’s like the landscape of the first Ice Age movie but with a bit more green and with the ice turned up to 11. Legitimately amazing.

2 Likes

Is this what you do for a living? You really could, it’s fantastic.

1 Like

I currently do contract work for a local animation studio, but none of it is like this. I’m in the process of either attending an art college, or finding a position at a game studio.

4 Likes

I would say that ko-wahi needs a hot spring because those are things you normally find in mountains, but then again hot springs could fit into ta-wahi as well with it also being primarily in a mountain surrounded by lava.

1 Like

I’ll give everyone one guess as to what direction the wind perpetually blows in this region :stuck_out_tongue:

I like how it looks more like frozen lowlands as opposed to a full blown blizzard peak

1 Like

happy little trees? check.
happy little upside down boat houses?

Soon…

i feel like i wanna see what music i can find that would fit in with the artwork you have made.

Why is it that Metroid Prime soundtrack just fit so well with Bionicle.