Kraata Spiders

Pardon the worse than usual image quality. I got a little lazy and didn’t bother taking other pictures aside the ones for instagram.

Anyway, the story on these fellas is that I had made a deal with another AFOL, who sold me a bag of kraata and krana. I wasn’t sure what I’d use them for, but the idea of giving kraata legs started to linger in my mind.

So I started tinkering with some prototypes. The first ones were okay, but there was definitely room for improvement. Having built a few, I showed them to some buddies, including Mana-Ramp-Matoran/3rdeye88. We did a skype call after for a different reason, but long story short it turned into a 4-hour session of us building spiders from kraata.

In the end I made two:

Kraata Widow Spider

Firespitter Spider

And these were my first prototypes. I started with the smallest, then the one on the bottom left and then the other two when I figured using that disc with bars as the base.

70 Likes

They really do look menacing, I like them

1 Like

These are great, but you should totally do an orb weaver. They are some of the most beautiful spiders

2 Likes

Do you have any pictures of the inner structure? You know, how you attached the masks to make the abdomen?

Very interesting. good use of peices

1 Like

Great designs involved

1 Like

ILLEGAL BUILD! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

2 Likes

KILL THEM WITH FIRE!

Really nice tho.

1 Like

Very cool and interesting way to use the kraata! I live all the different variations.

2 Likes

They certainly are. Nice work.

2 Likes

Nice use of specialized pieces.

1 Like

Its cool to see such a specialized part used in more ways. I like the concept of the Kraata being able to possess bite-sized robots; it gives them a lot more of a collectable charm than just the Kraata themselves.

1 Like

What kind of connection are you using here? From what I can tell it looks like an illegal build.

Not really a fan of these. The organic texture of the Kraata doesn’t fit well with the rest of the body. The builds themselves are good, but I don’t think the Kraata work well with the builds.

@theBolderBoulder Could you not advertise on other people’s topics? It’s rude and goes against our advertising rules.

1 Like

D’aww, don’t word it like that, though you’re not wrong.

The kraata are attached with either exo-force hands or T-pipes that are stuffed in their ‘studs’. It stretches the stud a tiny bit, but not so much that I’d be worried. I resolved to that since the kraata studs have a rather weak hold. Other than that it’s a legal build, except for the clip-on-clip legs on Firespitter.

A shame you don’t like them, but these aren’t exactly quality builds anyway. These are just experiments to find some new use for the kraata built over a Skype call.

1 Like