Lady of the Mountains

Drawn during SueDraws (i.e. Lady Kopaka)'s livestream. I’d never seen an actual drawing of ‘lady Kopaka’ before, so when she asked for suggestions on what to draw next I suggested it. And pretty soon several of us were all drawing lady Kopakas, 'cause drawing is more fun when more people do it. This is my version.

38 Likes

wow so edge

1 Like

Looks great! not overly lady-like IMO, but knowing the context I can certainly see it.

1 Like

Kopaka’s my favorite cause he’s a Toa version of me.

2 Likes

Neat background

1 Like

Exactly what I would say. Great job as always Scorpion

1 Like

I see the kopaka but where is the lady?

1 Like

This is spectacular, I love the atmosphere, and I’m a sucker for a cloak.
The only criticism i might have is the lower neck being a bit messy, line wise, but that honestly works.
Not to mention, the more I look at it, the less it bothers me.

1 Like

Eh, looks perfectly feminine to me, but then I’m biased 'cause that’s how I imagined her from the beginning. Then again, my style tends not to lend a lot of clues to the gender of the characters unless I deliberately push it.

1 Like

It looks feminine, but only really if you know its supposed to. I could easily see someone think its just a sweet looking picture of Kopaka.

1 Like

Any Bionicle fan will know that the real Kopaka would never, ever be the subject of a ‘sweet’ picture. :grin:

I get your point, though. The main differences that I would put in if I wanted to make the character look more masculine would be to change the eyes, probably with a narrower eye hole on the mask, and to add some bulk to the shoulders. The current appearance of both those areas could be construed as representative of either gender, though; without context to inform one of the artist’s style, what clue does one have that the eyes and rest of the body of a robotic being that doesn’t otherwise display the baseline human gender characteristics are meant to construe femininity as depicted? Not that it makes much sense to me to add particularly feminine features to the bodies of robotic beings anyways; without the need to reproduce biologically, they always seem to fall flat.

1 Like