Lancing Orb Spider

Lancing Orb Spider

The Lancing orb spider is a very docile rahi that lives on the boughs of trees.
They have a unique method of striking their prey. By bringing their front two dagger-like apendages and lunging toward their prey.

This spider will create small orbs to contain the food it captured in its web. It will then take these orbs and share them amongst other spiders.

So yeah i wanted to do a rahi since i hadn’t done one before. I also wanted to try putting a function in a MOC as well. it’s not much but it does serve to be what i wanted.

Well that’s all. I enjoyed making it and I want your guys’ feedback!
Thanks!

17 Likes

Neat!

1 Like

Wow, really nice! I like how you included that function, although it doesn’t look like it gets much movement! Maybe add a gear on top of the body so you don’t have to be restricted to the inside? Regardless, great looking MOC, and nice function!

1 Like

This is really cool! That function is pretty sweet too! :smile:

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

Neat! The function isn’t much but works well! I love the overall look of the thing.

1 Like

I like the function and ability to pose in this moc, though the legs are a bit lanky for me.
However, I assume this was only done so the spider could have the range of poses it does.

The name sounds cool on it’s own too.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! in fact I originally had the legs thicker but I thought to myself: “spiders aren’t really the bulkiest of creatures” the poseability kind of came on its own when I chenged em.

Literally thought of the name as I posted this haha

Thanks! yeah the function isnt the best haha