Lariska the Catgirl

i think beyond the posterior the thigh build is quite good as well

2 Likes

you know what, with how everyone has Reacted to this Moc, @Garvox I think you should make a Tutorial of it so people (probably just me) can build her. just to add Salt in the wound

2 Likes

I can take issue with oversexualization and at the same time think this is really well built moc. I’d personally love to see a tutorial.

2 Likes

Have you tested this foot design with physical parts?

Even ignoring the relatively small footprint, I’d be concerned about the stability, build-wise; first, the 2L thin liftarms are attached by an axle in a pin hole (which will rotate), and then the heel is attached by a bar passing through a bunch of axle holes (which will also rotate, albeit not quite as easily as the axle in the pin holes).

(Also, I’m impressed with how flat the different parts of the foot all sit on the ground; it can be really tough to line that all up when dealing with non-standard geometry in stud.io)

5 Likes

It’s not the most stable but it works, there is enough tension for it to not move.

If it is still too shaky, you could try something like this

It stands so flat only because of the big tile platform. It’s a lot easier to adjust the height of the platform than to move the entire moc around. I use such platforms in all mocs with overcomplicated feet designs or while doing weird, gravity-defying poses.

I don’t really know how to make instructions in studio but i can provide some breakdown photos and the file itself. I’m going to provide everything to any madlad willing to make her IRL

2 Likes

That heel does look like it’d work a lot better. Excellent foot design overall.

1 Like

It’s not mine tho. I saw it somewhere else (I don’t remember where) and copied it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Have three more renders, this time in some iconic poses

5 Likes

I find this entire situation very amusing.

2 Likes

Glad I could bring some joy to your life :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would definitely be better; the studs provide far more grip in the pin hole. There’s still the concern of the heel rotating, but I would think you could at least get it into some basic standing poses.

Plus, if you position the parts right, you could “pinch” the gray technic connector against the heel of the Bohrok foot.

1 Like

That’s how it’s supposed to work

1 Like

Whoa, what? She can bend at the waist?

Also I only see two renders.

He removed the last one.

2 Likes

Ah. Thank you, Rukah, for always being on top of things. =P

3 Likes

I am surprised that the model could bend that far in the third shot though.

I tried to replicate the third picture and broke my back in -2.4 places

6 Likes

it’s even harder to replicate now

2 Likes

I was surprised I was able to pose her like this without collision tho neck had to be modified for that pose

It’s on my DeviantArt but i won’t post link here cause mods will bonk me

2 Likes

Challenge accepted