Laxus & Rex

Figured it’s bout time that I shared some of my creations with the community. So what better way to start with my self-moc, or should I say my “self-mocs”. Here are the twin drone brothers, Laxus and Rex!

Laxus:

Rex:

Here’s both of them together:

Which one of the duo is your favorite? As always, C&C is always appreciated!

• Josh~
25 Likes

Wow, I really like the building style. It’s really unique. The hf heads for feet, the armor plating with the two dots for a head, awesome.

And I like Rex best :wink:

4 Likes

Look great. They look even better when standing next to each other.

2 Likes

Very unique and well built!

2 Likes

These are pretty rad.

2 Likes

I like these mocs mainly because they’re fresh and unique. I like Rex alot but Laxus is very cool as well. They do look great together and separate. I give them an 9/10 because it looks like you really spent a lot of time on the detail and giving them character. It would have been cool to have the gear work as a function, but I think that is just a nitpick. I also liked how you blended hero factory and bionicle pieces in without it looking wierd. Overall these are some good mocs.

Good job @Josh.

2 Likes

really like Rex’s blade arm!

1 Like

I dig them

2 Likes

Nice, simple and cool!

Great job @Josh!

2 Likes

they look very cartoony

in a good way

2 Likes

Like the sword… Great job !

2 Likes

These are great MOCs, but
OH THE CONCEIT OF HAVING TWO SELF-MOCS

sorry, it just seems so weird to me when people have multiple self-MOCs. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

no, no. It’s totally fine, they’re both small :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh god i remember making a couple MOCs almost identical to these,years ago.

Anyway Rex is awesome,but Laxus’s legs are too short.

1 Like

I like these both, cartoony style and all XD I’m not a fan of their heads perse, but I do admit the usage of printed herofactory shells is a clever one to add some neccesary individualtity.

I like them both, but Laxus is my favorite because in my opinion, the abundance of tires on Rex and those gray chains make him unnecesarily more messy in some spots, ruining the otherwise cool and more punky feel a bit.

Well done regardless!

2 Likes

These MOCs are really cool!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I really appreciate it! :smiley:
Also, @UnSolvableRubiksCube the abundance of tires on Rex are due to my lack of smooth tires. And the chains are there to cover up the white area on that axel-hand joint thingy. But thanks for pointing it out! I’ll try to improve it next time :smile:

1 Like

the twin brothers with one being in black armor and one in white armor reminds me of the new Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion “Knights of the Fallen Empire”. I mean, Look at the mocs and then watch this:

1 Like

Wait, in your storyline you are represented by two characters? That’s awesome! :smile:

1 Like

Nice! quite a cohesive pair!

1 Like