(I guess this is characters and MOCs? If not, feel free to change the title.)
So I know that there have been plenty of ideas and concepts on Gs toa weapons: how they should look like, what design they should have, what they are in general.
So I decided to many a handful of weapons myself, in Lego Digital Designer; all these designs are build-able, though I'm not sure how sturdy some are, or if they are in existing colors.
I took inspiration from a couple of Message Board Members and will credit them accordingly.
So without further ado, here they are!
(P.S. Color schemes are subject to change!)
From left to right, we have designs...
1. Shield: This is my design for Kopaka's weapon, mainly based on the fact that I want them all to have one weapon each (I think it looks more uniform that way).
PROS: Essentially, Kopaka would have Captain America's Shield (he could throw it around) and it would have a textured rim. Characters can ride it down mountains.
CONS: It feels a tad bit lacking, and he would be defenseless if he threw the shield at an enemy.
2. Shield and Sword: This, I believe, is what @Toa_Azureus and @Jon kind of wanted Kopaka to have: a fencing fighting style, with the round shield for Jon.
PROS:Weapon in each hand; printing could be added to shield. Shield is ride-able and Kopaka is not defenseless if he should lose his shield.
CONS: Perhaps fencing sword doesn't fit in with the BIonicle aesthetic? (Really up to personal opinion with this one).
3. Shield and Spear: 100% @Oomatu 's design, here. I had to swap out the snowboard for a skateboard, though (the snowboard was taller than the mini-fig!)
PROS: More protection from a realistic standpoint. Spear has long range; the flag also looks pretty cool. Shield is ride-able.
CONS: From the side, shield looks kind of funky. Those wheel axle holder things stick out and get in the way.
For Tahu, in honest opinion, any big imposing sword will do, but here are the ones that I think could work best:
1. Nexo Knight Clay Sword: Nothing too special, here. Just a re-colored Clay sword.
PROS: Big, imposing, 2 different colors of plastic in one piece, and he could Lava surf via the stud on the side! (added safety, as the tip is rubber)
CONS: Only one giant piece.
2. Brick Built Sword: It's my own design, but it's okay at best.
PROS: Constructable weapon. Looks more fire-like and it's more reminiscent of G1 Tahu's weapon.
CONS: Not as imposing; appears to be more delicate. Can't lava surf on weapon (and have it look good)
I don't even know why I included the last one; it doesn't stand a chance!
1.Maui Hook V1 Originally inspired by the Moana movie, @tahtorak made it even more awesome when he drew it as a fish, so this came into being!
PROS:Major connection to water and Bionicle's history. Made with a fish.
CONS: Might be a bit flimsy. Doesn't exactly have a smooth curve.
2.Maui Hook V2 See intro for 1.
PROS: See pros for 1. Has more of a curve than V1.
CONS: See cons for 1.
3.Scythe: It's a scythe; a "Giant hook"
PROS: No main Bionicle character ever had a scythe before.
CONS: It looks flimsy and a disappointment next to the other two.
Now my attempt to make an Axel figure was rubbish in LDD, because they don't have the Axel body, so this was the next best thing. I'd want to include more weapons, but as the cast discussed on the podcast, not much can fit in his hands.
1. Hammer: My design. It sort of matches the messy colors of Onua's prints and of actual Earth, I guess.
PROS: It's large enough for the character. Matches his aesthetic.
CONS: Might be flimsy. Colors are kind of all over the place.
All maces; sorry pickaxe fans.
1. Oomatu Flail: It's a brick built version of the flail Oomatu came up with.
PROS: Reminiscent of G2 Uniter Pohatu Or is that a con?. Flail can actually be flung around. It works for Pohatu (Objective Opinion).
CONS: Posing with be a bit of a problem.
2. Mace: My own little design.
PROS: It's a mace. Added safety with the mace piece being rubber.
CONS: Rather simple (Not that it's a bad thing).
3. Staff Flail: Again, based off of Oomatu's design, but with a bit of a twist.
PROS: See 1's pros
CONS: See 1's cons
I made a pickaxe for those who wanted it originally, as well as a blunderbuss from podcast 242.
4. Pickaxe: A custom built pickaxe, 'Cause custom pieces cause no creativity
PROS: It works for Pohatu (objective opinion). Rather blunt edges (so that he doesn't actually kill anyone).
CONS: Might be flimsy.
5. Blunderbuss: I pretty sure this style of gun is famous for it's round-ish/inverted-dome barrel. Made mainly just for fun
PROS: It's reminiscent of a blunderbuss.
CONS: Can't really use elemental power with it, and it's not very tribal.
I didn't include any weapons with fans, but @NinjaBoyJoel made a cool looking ax with the blades being fans, so check that out if you want to see fans.
1. Tonfa I guess that's what it's called?: Oomatu was the first one to come up with it, I think, but many others have also come up with their own versions.
PROS: Looks as if it could actually help one fly/glide. They remind me a of a butterfly, a good thing since Lewa's the air person.
CONS: Really basic
2. Ax: My own design; it works, but could be better.
PROS: Throwback to G1 Lewa '01.
CONS: Might be flimsy? Conflicting ax blade textures? Looks pretty heavy; a bad thing for a flying character.
With this one, I tried to replicate Oomatu's Tonfa/ax combo as seen in his latest artwork. It definitely looks off, specifically with the blade, but it's the closest piece I could find.
3. Oomatu's Tonfa/ax: It's a little long, and I also added a tassel at the bottom (to, sort of, make up for the fact that I couldn't find an adequate blade piece), but I think it captures the look and function Oomatu was going for.
PROS: Can be re-positioned to look like an ax or a tonfa (Dual function). Captures the best of both worlds when it comes to Lewa's weapon choice except for fans;sorry! .
CONS: It's a bit large (ideally, it would be shorter, I think). Might be flimsy?
So, yeah! There you have it!
Several weapon designs for the toa that can be built (in some capacity) in real LEGO.
Which one's are your favorite?
Are there some weapons you want to see built? (I might have time, I might not)
Discussion and Constructive Criticism are highly appreciated!