LDD Macrofigs: Makuta, Ekimu, and Karzanhi [MOC][Pitch]

I agree the mask seems too big but I am going to finish the arms first, to see if the proportions look better, before I try to redesign it all over again.
I started with a upscaled minifigure head and built off that, so in theory, this should be the correct size.:confounded:

As for making the fins flatter: does this look better?

1 Like

It looks fine to me in terms of size. I just don’t like the grills on the forehead area.

2 Likes

Is this better?

2 Likes

Adding the arms might help the proportions better.

Still seems a bit high. I think it’s because you’re trying to recreate a mask (one piece) out of smaller, individual pieces, which is pretty hard to do in the first place. With a single piece, you can curve the mask so it wraps around the head. The pieces you’re using curve the top fins it too much. Those pieces basically create a 45 degree angle from tip to tip. If you could use a piece that goes ~30 degrees, that might help it.

Also, without the grils on the top looks way better.

1 Like

I see what your saying but I am not sure what piece would work better. I’ll look into it.
Here is a different view of the mask.

2 Likes

Looking at it from a different angle, I think I can see what’s wrong more clearly. The upper forehead should be curved and rounded, like in the original image here. After that, it gently curves up. Your version makes the upper forehead look to angular. Are there any variant pieces of the ones you used for the cheeks?

1 Like

10/10 Would buy

2 Likes

I used the image for a reference the entire time I was building it but due to the restriction of the limited amount of such curved pieces, this was the result.

There are these very similar ones.

Here is Magafig Makuta with arms
(arms were just built quickly to show concept and are not the final design).

6 Likes

I really like it!

2 Likes

Getting closer.
Most of the external is designed/built now with the exceptions of the back of the head and back of the legs. Next step will be to build the skeleton…
@Bokarda, I think the proportions look pretty good to the mask now. What do you think?
@FuegoDeCera, wanted you to know that you got me re-inspired to build this.:+1:

What’s this?:wink:

8 Likes

Sorry, this brought a tear to my eye… :sob: Your work so far has been one of the most splendid I’ve seen in the forums! And to think that I re-inspired you to push this work even further is by far an honor.

Keep it going, man! I’m sure this is a masterpiece in the making! :clap:

3 Likes

The proportions seem to work better than I thought they would. I like it!

1 Like

He truly looks menacing right now. Great work! Could you do the silver/blue color variant aswell?

2 Likes

Thank you and here are the color variant pictures.
This color scheme is really growing on me. Which color scheme do you guys like better?

5 Likes

This looks… Extra bricc

2 Likes

Hoooooooo boy. That is absolutely majestic.

2 Likes

Here is a quick render of Magafig Makuta and @DarkMaestro’s Shadow Toa.

13 Likes

Jaw-dropping…

2 Likes

How many parts are in this Makuta?

2 Likes

Currently 746 but I haven’t finished the internal skeleton yet.

2 Likes