Lego ads

Everyone remembers Zack, right?

What about Jack?

5 Likes

Ah the old television buzz of the 1980s…

1 Like

Gotta love a vintage kronkiwongi.

7 Likes

younger children build for fun

older children build for realism

man children build for both

5 Likes

Just look at this 2017 LEGO Ninjago Movie Commercial Commercial:

Now look at this LEGO Ninjago Commericial from 2011:

Now, can you tell the diffrence?
The newer commericials (I could not find any Ninjago 2018 commericial videos on YouTube, but trust me they are even worse then the 2017 one), just show some kids playing with the sets outside.

Looking at the commericial from 2011, it has a unique background, some small animations, and that classic LEGO Logo at the end. Isn’t that better then 2017? At least that is my opinion.

While I love watching the old commercials, the newer one are just too childish, and are just cheaply made compared to the old ones. (And the Ninjago commericial for Hunted is similar to that Ninjago Movie one, but I could not find it on YouTube)/

What do you guys think?

And the worst thing of all: they stopped using the classic ”Hey!” in the City commercials! This is absolute madness! But seriously tho, I’m sure Lego knows what they are doing. We might think the commercials are worse, but the kids probably like them.

4 Likes

Really now? Nobody cares about the comercials. Everybody cares only about the sets and story. As long as the comercial is presenting the sets, then they do their jobs.

1 Like

I remember it so much…“Hey!” Was so good, and they took it out???
How could they do this!?!?!

2 Likes

But commercials can present the sets, but the question is: Will you watch then in ten years from now? I would watch all those old commercials with so much love, but this new commercials just present the set, in a cheap way, instead of giveing a good commercial that you would watch in ten years from now. And, some people actually do care about this comercials, just watch TTV’s “Top 10 Bionicle Commercials” video.

Yes because there will be commercials ten years from now.

They deliver their job.

The kids of this day like to see other kids playing. They like special effects and computer-made voices. What is wrong with this? The commercials are a very small and insignificant part in the Lego world. I actually liked the Ninjago Movie comercial that you posted, and I am sure that if I was five years younger I would have said ‘Wooooow I wanna buy these sets!’. I literally can’t find anything wrong at it. It sows how kids can enter in the world of Lego by only playing with the sets. I don’t need a minifgure to yell ‘Hey’ to make me buy the sets, or a hand that sticks out from the sides and partially assemble the set. None of this ever impressed me. I just want to see the sets in actitio, to see what they can do, what Minigures they have. And these new comercials fully deliver their jobs.

1 Like

I don’t have cable, so I can’t watch these anyways, unless Netflix decides to start ads. While the animations in my opinion don’t look as fun as the kids playing, they are more iconic of my childhood. The “Hey” in LEGO City, and the well-done actual footage, an the LEGO emblem “character” at the end, all of these make a LEGO commercial LEGO. Are they getting worse? Ask the kids. Are they different? Sure. Which is better in general? Whatever more signifies LEGO, which to me, is the old.

The 2007 Bionicle mini movies are possibly my favorite LEGO ads of all time. They felt like a movie, and I used to watch them online in 2008, when my Bionicle excitement started (and then died 2010, and didn’t come back until 2017). I thought Kongu was a beast, and that the Barraki were scary, which is what LEGO wanted you to think. Watching them now, with their cinematic appeal, nostalgia, and pluses as being my favorite year of Bionicle, they were definitely better than maybe even Power Miners’ advertisement. But that is just a lone example, nothing world-shaking.

3 Likes

Here are some of my favourite commercials from back in the days:

The special effects, the background, the music, they all make this commercial WAY BETTER then anything we have nowdays…

1 Like

I’m getting kinda tired of rant topics… no offense, you just make a lot of them.

I dunno, I think the commercials are more appealing to today’s society. sure, they don’t have great animation and whatnot, but like i said, they’re appealing to today’s society, not 2011’s.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t see why commercials like this would’t feet in today’s society. I mean, I see a kid prefering the old commercials rather then this modern ones…

it’s designed to simulate peer pressure so that kids think, “oh, those kids have that set and have fun with it! i need to get that set!”

I have never personally liked when a kid is in an ad as it ruins my immersion in the product.
I have had this 2018 ninjago ad before which, in my opinion, is better than either of the ones posted above. It shows the set in a world and what it is supposed to be but leaves the story and characters to the imagination of the child.

1 Like

In my opinion, it just feels like the older commercials had more effort put into them. With the incredible backgrounds and enthusiastic narrator, with ‘You control the action’ and things like that.

2 Likes

I agree. The newer commercials have way less effort put into them. They are just ads and… thats it. Instead of makeing cool rememberable commercilas, they just take the easy way… Which is not the best one to take

1 Like

I’ve encountered a few stop-motion Lego Star Wars ads that present the set, and then a bunch of alternate builds, like the back of the boxes used to do. I think that there pretty great.

1 Like

They’re both equally childish. The demographic of kids changes and develops as time goes on.

1 Like