Lego Bionicle MOC: Toa Mata Kopaka (masterpiece)

Iā€™ll take this. Under Creative Content thereā€™s a section called Lego Creations, thatā€™s where this goes.

3 Likes

Oh okay thank you so much

3 Likes

I love everything about it but the neck. Other than that itā€™s really cool.

3 Likes

Very cool! It is better than your Tahu, I would say, since the color organization is more organized. I actually think the feet would work better as custom ones, since that way it would fit with the rest of the aesthetic. Also dat red ball joint on the right arm.

Overall I think itā€™s pretty good; the legs/feet could use some refining, but itā€™s pretty solid.

2 Likes

This is spectacular.

2 Likes

@BlackboltJohnson Thanks! :smile: I didnā€™t know what to do for the neck since it has the same gear set-up visually while still being able to work. But since the neck has a flexible tube it is pose-able

@ReeseEH Thank you, I barely have enough money to get more parts so I basically made this with the parts that are available to me. So I apologise for the red ball joint in the arm. But yeah heā€™s way better than Tahu so Iā€™m probably going to revamp Tahu

Edited for Double Post - Waj

2 Likes

Amazing stuff! The level of articulation, especially around the torso, is quite unlike other toa Iā€™ve seen. Iā€™m not sure I agree with calling your own work a ā€œmasterpeiceā€ though. Thereā€™s always room to improve!

Since you mention foot articulation, what do you make of this? 3D work : articulated Mata foot by vahki6 on DeviantArt

3 Likes

That custom foot does look very promising however I would like to go custom with the overall feet, kinda like Tahuā€™s feet (the one in the photos) where it is pose-able yet make it more refined. And I am glad you like the waist design :smile: it took me a long time to figure it out along making it have a gear box installed on top a few years ago.

2 Likes

As much as I love the idea of a Masterpiece series of toa mata, something akin to what transformers does, I do have a few issues. Some of the proportions are off, and some parts look a bit messy. Though I mus commend you on not only creating a nearly perfect upscaled custom mata torso, but also making it articulated, its absolutely amazing.

3 Likes

Thank you, seeing what takara has done with transformers has motivated me to do the same thing for bionicle. And I am glad you like the torso. however, Iā€™m curious to hear what parts of this MOC you think may need improvement. Since I want to make it look extremely accurate

3 Likes

My main complaint is that he seems too thin and lanky.

2 Likes

Okay I see, Iā€™ll try to keep that in mind when making the other Toa

3 Likes

Even tho if it is a good creation, isnā€™t it being a bit proud to call it by yourself a masterpiece?

3 Likes

Maybe (definitely), but I imagine it being so honest because it does capture the look of kopaka at a precise level. Even the waist is fully articulated and you donā€™t see waist designs like that anywhere else.

2 Likes

Not quite perfect; the arms are a bit messy in spots
But Iā€™m not gonna lie, I love what you did with this

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, Iā€™ll be sure to work on those first. And I am glad you like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe you can shorten the giraffe neck? Everything but that looks good.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a giraffe neck, thereā€™s no need to exaggerate. But I donā€™t want to put it too low since his gear might hinder the neck articulation. But I will see how it would look with a shorter neck

2 Likes

swiggity swooty @N01InParticular gimme a revive rhyme
i think this is one of the most true to the original kopakas iā€™ve seen. iā€™m not usually a fan of your stuff, but i like this one. it does have a long neck, though.

1 Like

Thanks but this moc is old and very rough imo. At the time making it I was mostly prideful of the pistoned waist design. But Iā€™m glad you like, though Iā€™m going to be revamping these particular Mata builds in the future

2 Likes