LEGO Boxes Topic

The box; the only thing that is holding you away from your precious set. They’re usually thrown to the side so you can access your pieces, but they play a much more important job then just being a box. Think of it as the worm on your fishing pole, trying to catch a fish. It’s what attracts the fish to your pole in the river. In other words, it’s what catches your eye on the shelf with its flashy banner and its action-packed picture of the set.

These are some of my favorite LEGO boxes:

What’s your stance on LEGO boxes? What’s your favorite box or banner?

7 Likes

Paging @Eljay

6 Likes

I love keeping boxes, even the ones I don’t intend to keep I keep, because I love them. :smile:

3 Likes

I have kept every single box and polybag since 2011, surviving three moves. I remember when I couldn’t keep my boxes, but we don’t like to mention THAT time of my life…

3 Likes

I have boxes from 2010 and onwards. They also survived moving.

1 Like

For some reason the Lego Ideas and advanced architecture sets seem to possess thicker, better quality cardboard for their boxes. I always notice that when i’m looking through the Lego section…

Anyone know why? Does it jack up the price?

1 Like

I used to keep boxes. After a while, I started throwing them away. I kept my canisters, though. I like canister.

I like to think it makes you feel like your buying a Higher Quality Product.

I hope not. :grimacing:

Do you know what’s funny? I only have my HF Canisters,… :laughing:

2 Likes

I use my canisters/boxes that I don’t throw out to store my parts.

2 Likes

I only like boxes of useless junk

5 Likes

One man’s junk, is another man’s treasure

1 Like

I keep all boxes.
My mother once asked why I don’t throw them away.
I gave my mom the dirtiest look I have ever given.

2 Likes

I keep my Bionicle Canisters for storage. I also keep my G@ boxes. I don;t know why. I think I might get rid of them soon, as they’re taking up space in my closet.

2 Likes

I’ve kept my Bonkle G2 boxes (for the artwork) and the reusable “game” boxes, the rest I tend to throw away.

2 Likes

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/data/2351307/7/70/70ccb734_gingerbread-man-shrek-youre-a-monster.gif

2 Likes

I usually discard my Lego boxes too, unless they’re BIONICLE boxes. Must keep those boxes.

If any of my boxes get damaged, though, I need to toss them.

2 Likes

Why do you people do this?
Wh- Why?
WHHHYYY?

1 Like

Gosh people, it’s like you’re obsessed with the box. You remind me of this young couple:

6 Likes

Because of a lack of storage space at home I tend to throw away all boxes not intended for reuse. Aka I only keep constraction bags and canisters

I… I am…

3 Likes