Lego Dreamzzz

We’re getting a few constraction-styled figures, too!

3 Likes

hmmm

batgirl wings and batgirl ears in new colours

beautiful

perfect

9 Likes

This theme is really weird and abstract.
I’m really liking it, feels like a breath of fresh air

3 Likes

Yes!!!

2 Likes

10 Likes

Yeah, this theme’s not bad. Some of the sets are a bit too weird for me, and I’m baffled as to what the story/premise even is, but quite a few of the sets are bangers. My favorites are the spacebus, the crocodile car, and the Knightmare shark ship. The pegasus build is kind of neat, too.

3 Likes

from what I can tell from the sets, the story appears to be the bad guys kidnapping sleeping people for unknown reasons and the good guys have to stop them from doing that

5 Likes

It really looks like they went all out with this line; I’m getting the same vibe as I got from the first waves of Hidden Side and Monkie Kid. I hope they can keep it up in future releases

4 Likes

It’s cool how they use that new liquid blade piece in multiple different ways across the wave

4 Likes

Yeah, my other worry with this theme is that it’ll quickly lose its touch like Monkie Kid did, and (I feel) Ninjago has been in the last couple years.

4 Likes

After seeing the sets, I’m not super into it. I mean there’s definitely cool stuff there, but a lot of it just feels like a mix of Nexo knights, Hidden Side, and Elves.

6 Likes

Agreed. I can see it being good for parts, but a lot of it looks like sets that will initially be popular because of hype, then become shelf warmers. I do like that the vehicles have wheels installed on them, so you can easily convert them into normal cars. And that villain ship is great!

3 Likes

Really though, I hate the character designs. the small bodies look weird since they have to have bar compatibility. many of the main characters have unpleasant color coordination, Mrs. Castillo’s arms look weird and long. A lot of the design choices just feels aimless, which I guess makes sense since it’s based on dreaming.

3 Likes

I do wonder why they made a custom torso specifically for Mrs. Castillo, but most other minifigures have generic parts.

2 Likes

I kid you not, this Mateo character looks like something a kid would post on deviantart.

7 Likes

Absolutely. Plus, why do they look like a basic Blender render?

1 Like

these sets are pretty cool but non compare to tiny granny’s turtle bus

1. tiny granny
  2. awesome bus
  3. florida themed decorations
  4. tiny granny

this set is perfect

9 Likes

It looks like there will be animations accompanying this (is it a TV show, do we know yet?) Anyway, I feel like even with strong sets, no small amount of the line’s long-term popularity will be owed to these very colorful characters - Lego definitely invested in making them stand out. If they endear themselves to audiences, this could go in more of a Ninjago direction. If they turn out to be one-note and sorta cringe, then maybe more of a Chima direction.

4 Likes

If that is in magenta proper…

Ah well, still like how Rhubarb turned out regardless.

6 Likes

According to Jaybricks, it’s supposed to be short animations on LEGO’s YouTube channel.

3 Likes