LEGO Overwatch Project- Reinhardt MOC

Hey guys.

So ever since Bionicle’s cancellation, there has been one less theme in LEGO’s production line. Yeah, LEGO is doing just fine with big original themes like Ninjago, but licensed themes like Star Wars bring in the real cash. But what better way to market towards kids than with another form of media they enjoy- videogames? Right now, video games are also a large part of LEGO marketing, as they turn their themes into games. However, it is very rare that LEGO would make a set based off of a non LEGO licensed game. The only occurrence of this ever was LEGO Minecraft. But to be honest, LEGO Minecraft isn’t all that great of a theme (at least in my opinion). LEGO needs a videogame theme that can rival the game themed sets of MegaBlocks. LEGO needs a hero. LEGO needs… Overwatch.

This model I’ve built here is of one of the most recognizable characters, Reinhardt. He is around 9 inches tall and consists of around 450 pieces. He uses different elements from CCBS, original Bionicle, and a good amount of system. His limbs are ALL completely custom aside from the forearms. This MOC took around 2 months to build, and is still not completely done. This is still a prototype. Reinhardt’s articulation is pretty good, as he has the standard knees, elbows, legs, arm, shoulders, head, wrist, foot, and finger articulations. However, this model is quite fragile, and is in some instances a bit top heavy. Despite that flaw, he can be easily fixed.

I built this model for the purpose of just making a cool MOC, but also in order to rally up fans and possibly get a successful LEGO Ideas project going. I hope that this MOC could possibly get a MOC spotlight, as that would really help me get this LEGO Overwatch train going. Well, I hope you enjoy!

62 Likes

This looks really good so far, especially the helmet. Keep it up!

No holographic shield

0/10.

This is amazing in so many levels, looks a bit cluttered but the overall shape is fantastic.

2 Likes

It’s a great MOC, but I have to disagree on the fact that I think that Lego Minecraft is a great theme.

The Moc looks great!
That said, the idea that Lego would make Overwatch set(s), I think, is close to impossible; it would be to violent for them.
I would honestly try to reach Mega Bloks if you really hope to bring the theme into existence, because, as you’ ve said there already into more video game lisences than Lego.

1 Like

@LaserKnight That’s good that you like LEGO Minecraft. If I don’t enjoy it, that doesn’t mean others don’t.

@JonBlueFire Well, LEGO has made themes based on dark franchises, like the Dark Knight, before. In fact, Star Wars could actually be considered pretty violent. Jurassic World, a film that shows people getting mauled to death by dinosaurs, was a successful theme. Overwatch wouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

2 Likes

You are right, you are entitled to your own opinion.

True, but those franchises were not solely based on violence. Moreso story. Overwatch, on the other hand, isn’t. And we all know that Lego is more of a story company. Even Lego city has mini animated story videos on its website!

You’ve done an excellent job with the shaping and attention to accuracy.

1 Like

I may not play, but this is superb

1 Like

“Ah impressive, if I do say so myself!”

1 Like

That’s the issue. I personally think Mega might actually do Overwatch better, due to a more detailed figure style accompanied with less restraints on new parts and weapons.

2 Likes

I agree with you, like, more than 100%…

2 Likes

Luv it

… Mario?

Nah, I’d rather Lego get Nintendo’s ip’s than an overhyped underwhelming tf2 clone that’s only popular because of blizzard and waifus. :stuck_out_tongue:

The moc’s too busy for my tastes, greebles4days, but the construction seems decent enough.

The silhouette of this moc is right on. Nice job!

I don’t want to start any arguments, but… you haven’t actually played overwatch, have you?

2 Likes

Well… Yeah.

3 Likes

Very cool, I like the way you did the helmet.

The arms of the Moc are pretty weak, but the rest of the Moc is really good!

Its a forcefield!