Lego Part 99021 : breaking problems?

This is Lego part 99021: Pneumatic Hose Connector with Axle Connector and as of now I have 10 of this part and every single one of them has a crack in the center of where the axle can connect, which you can see from the photo I added. I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered this with this part before? I’m wondering because the 10 I own are only from 2016 so if they have a lifespan of 3 years then that’s just terrible, so I would assume it’s a defective design. Let me know your thoughts everyone. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have plenty of those pieces, but I’ve personally never had any trouble with them. All of them are intact, despite the fact that I use them quite often.

2 Likes

That’s great news! Thank you for informing me. How long have you had the parts would you say? I read that they came out in 2010 but have been released in many sets since then including this year.

I have some from 2016 and they are in a pretty good condition

1 Like

Any cracks like the one in my photo? The only way I could see the crack was by sticking an axle in it.

Actually, if I look a little closer I can see a little crack too. It still can hold the axle though.

1 Like

There are no cracks at all on mine. (At least, none that I am aware of).

1 Like

@Toa_Radrix Yeah they do hold the axle ok, it just bugs me lol

@LegoDavid That is a relief to hear, I was concerned it was a defect in the design or material and that it affected all of them.

Edited For Double Post - BioKnight

Yeah, a couple of mine have that problem. to be honest, the new versions of the old style Bio hand (the one with three holes) has that problem too.

2 Likes

That’s a bummer, I wish I could find an alternative to this part but I have tried everything.

Iv’e had problems with the connections to these, like on Skull Skorpio the fingres brake.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate, I wonder if this part is made from a different material then say the Lego bushing #3713 part?

1 Like

It could be real

1 Like

Almost all my parts with that same style axle connection (Mata hands, etc.) have the same crack or worse; then again, most of them are from 2001-2006. The real disappointment comes from the new style CCBS joints, which break even easier.

1 Like

I see, yeah those break so often!

At least it’s not catastrophic failure, like the 2008-onwards joints. At least you can still use the CCBS ones, even if they can’t hold weight.

1 Like

How so?

I’ve had several of mine crack to the point where they can hold almost no weight. I’ve only ever had one piece break to the point of no return, and that was a single hole lower arm piece. But that was kinda my fault, because it was the only connection between bottom and top halves of a huge MOC i made, and it couldn’t take it.

2 Likes

yeah, I have this Problem on some of Mine

I Keep the Good Codition Ones Separate form Where I Usually Put Them