Lego part repairs

Hey anyone have any stories about fixing masks or parts to share? I am very excited rn so I’ll share mine.

I recently received a damaged golden Kakama from a Bricklink seller and was devastated! The lower left side of the mask was bent inward! However I was able to soften the mask via a hair dryer and bend it back into shape! I’m pretty proud of myself

15 Likes

Wow congrats on fixing the mask my dude! I’ve got a few masks that have been bent too

2 Likes

Well, I’ve done quite a bit of such stuff. Most noticable achievent would be heating pieces on a candle (almost melting) in order to bolt broken off handle back to a Skull Sword. It does not look too good, but works. Maybe I’ll be not lazy and share a photo later.

4 Likes

Whoa that’s pretty intense… Idk if I trust myself doing a fix that drastic

2 Likes

I actually did the opposite as a child. Two instances I remember was accidentally melting a corner of a plate, and the other was purposefully damaging masks to make them “cooler”.

3 Likes

vietnam flashbacks

5 Likes

remembers last week.

That was a mistake.

I’ve done a few part repairs before. Actually just did one recently on my gold kakama.

One of the little vent pieces on the mask broke off and I had to glue it back on.

3 Likes

Did it work?

2 Likes

Kinda.

1 Like