LEGO Prototypes Discussion

If there was we probably would’ve gotten some new forms for the toa and a Makuta set

1 Like

there had to have been something planned for that third year, maybe the art book would shed some light on it (if its been released yet anyways)

1 Like

From the same website as Jack.

EDIT: Uniter Tahu is on the prototype Lava Beast box!

5 Likes

So was it a mistake on the official one or on purpose?

4 Likes

this makes the current lava beast box art even more questionable

7 Likes

if that wasn’t enough, here’s the final nail in the coffin. Matoro had trans blue limbs in toy fair! It goes with his eyes perfectly

Also at Toy Fair, Gali Mistika was going to have a giant shield on her back (maybe acting as a metal robe/cape thing for femininity"?)

A few unused/prototype content for VNOG

Presumably a tower for Zaktan. Non-canon-ness intensifies.

Garan cosplaying as other Matoran

Prototype Nuparu Sprite (along with the set for comparison)

16 Likes

Someone needs to mod this;

Into this;

15 Likes

I don’t think that set would have enough sand green, but yeah a brick-built version of that tower would be very cool

Okay, great. Except I never argued he didn’t originally have trans-blue arms, only that the picture I was referring to in the qoute was most likely a coloration error than a prototype image.

1 Like

Why would you destroy such a beautiful structure, though?

1 Like

I found prototypes of the Metrutoran…I wonder why Orkham has a grey Hau. Also, those lightning disks look neat

17 Likes

And don’t forget about Other Masks in Metru Colors.

9 Likes

That Komau in solid Metru brown :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

you can get a misprint one

9 Likes

I have a question for you guys:

I have a translucent neon green 2001 Miru, which I have no idea where it comes from. Is that a prototype, or an exclusive mask of sorts?

^ this

I think it was given away at legoland or something like that, but don’t quote me on it

3 Likes

It was a mask given away at certain stores and Legoland for a limited time. Out of all the “rare” '01 masks out there, it’s probably the most common.

5 Likes

@Political_Slime @Mrblackpants thanks!

2 Likes

Here are some concept Exo Force models revealed by designer Andrew Deegan

More pics at different angles: http://andrewdeegandesign.com/?page_id=182

33 Likes

holy crap those are sick

1 Like