Lego Reveals Date for Bionicle Announcement

IT’S HAPPENING.

MUST…BUILD…MORE…BIONICLE…GET…MORE…BIONICLE…SETS…MORE…MONEY…NOT ENOUGH…

(Body is invalid my Omega Tahu)

1 Like

Just a theory of mine…

If Bionicle is revealed September 19th then it wont be everything Bionicle related likely just the official announcement with a poster. Likely the upper part of the display picture we saw showing off Tahu and the Lord Of Skull Spiders.

This would be followed by the new site going live shortly after with a bunch of the old trivia and games given an updated look along with a few tie-in comics commissioned with Greg Farshtey in order to welcome back old fans and give the new fans some backstory.

Then the toys would be revealed in full at comic con with the comic con ending with a teaser for a direct-to-DVD Bionicle movie. The timing would make sense if their was a direct-to-DVD movie planned for mid 2015 they’d announce it at comic con. A movie would also make sense to introduce new fans to the series.

3 Likes

Oh my Mata Nui…I made a joking remark about how long we had til comic con, saying how the hype train couldn’t speed up time itself. I literally said that just yesterday, an now this?! Holy flamingo, hype train I shouldn’t have doubted you! Onward, for the promised day is upon us!!! :smiley:
-Oonie

3 Likes

Too much fiddling with the Mask Of Time - we don’t want to over-hype ourselves xD

2 Likes

Might I say, this seems like a countdown for a teaser of sorts, that due to the ‘Movie’ theme. And the old age look says it’s a teaser that will touch on the earlier years too. I might be looking to deep into this but still.

I said it before and I’ll say it again…

5 Likes

good job on the big surprise lego :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can just imagine that after getting so many questions about BIONICLE and having to deny/lie about them Greg finally snapped and told TLG to just reveal it already.

1 Like

Maybe Lego will give us a teaser site or something like that on Friday…

2 Likes

So the 3 day teaser will be up soon, right?

Um…?

That’d be sick if we got something like that, I’m intrigued to see what art direction they’re going for.

1 Like

No 3 day teaser, but there is a 2 day teaser!
https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/512250903114838016/photo/1

Well, this just probably killed all of the Fantastic Four speculation…

One thing I noticed is that the file name no longer refers to Bionicle. Looks like Lego noticed their screw-up xD

3 Likes

Better yet, they pulled a Captain Atom/Monarch situation.

And suddenly Galidor will be revealed for 2015

Hey!
The first pic had a 4.
The second pic had a 2.

4+2=6

There are six Toa…

BIONICLE CONFIRMED!!!

But, in all seriousness, what’s up with the missing ‘three’?

I’m guessing after they accidentally revealed it would be Bionicle that they momentarily contemplated revealing it on the 3rd day instead. As such they forgot to upload 3.

2 Likes

Anyone else notice the fact that there’s gold on the “2” image?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3 Likes