LEGO Video Games

I hate most new games, except LEGO worlds, and even that I just goof around acting like a moron

1 Like

Well, at least we still got LEGO Chima: Laval’s journey. It was a handheld exclusive, similar to Ninjago Nindroids and Ninjago Shadow of Ronin

Which is better marvel superheroes one or two? I might get two for my phone (got a ton of iTunes cards for my birthday)

Honesty, LEGO Online games have never been the same since mobile apps took over… And the mobile apps aren’t that great either.

But luckily, thanks to Biomedia project, we can still play the older ones.

1 Like

Last I followed the Lego online games they were in decline, and that was before the mobile apps. Really, the last two good games I remember are Chrystailen Conflict and Rhe Robot Chronicles.

1 Like

There were a lot more better ones than just those (at least in my opinion)

Am I the only one who noticed that since Kelly Mckiernan, stopped work on the website, the quality has plummeted? When you have 5 versions of the same star wars game, just with different colors and figures, you’ve got a problem.

Please discuss.

1 Like

I just meant chronologically speaking, those are the last good ones I remember. There were a bunch of older ones that I really liked. (The nightfall incident, Alpha team trilogy, etc.)

I actually agree with this 100%, I just remember blowing through the whole game one day and just being like “that’s it? wow, okay”

I honestly couldn’t tell if it was just because I’m so used to the modern lego game formula or what, but I just didn’t enjoy it at all.

This is 100% incorrect, destroyed with facts and knowledge, because of one thing:
The level creator (which was technically first in Lego Harry Potter 1-4 but we don’t talk about that).
If this had just been “another lego game”, this arguably would have been the worst. The levels really didn’t stand out much at all compared to its predecessor (which I still haven’t played, RIP), and the open worlds were weak at best. However, that implies that this was the main focus of the game, which it clearly wasn’t.

Level. Creator.

I cannot tell you the countless hours I spent on this thing because it was so absurdly fun to mess around with. THIS embodied the heart of lego more than any other game I could play at the time, because you could just make stuff up. Stories, characters, everything. It was amazing. It was a standout feature that put it up there with innovators like Lego Batman 2 (which honestly hasn’t aged well in light of its successors but oh well) and Lego Star Wars 3.

Maybe that’s just me though.

I’m also glad that I’m not the only one who wants a remake of lego battles, that game was awesome.

2 Likes

hey, at least it was openish, I have the 3DS version, which is the biggest ball of crap Lego Games ever came out with. (Though it is vying for that title with the 3ds version of Marvel superhero’s as well)

Yes please! and raise the unit cap! I like the whole supply deal, but seriously? only 20 units? and about quarter of them have to be workers? I know for a fact the DS is more powerful than that. If they were to remake it though, which system would you want them to use? Either 3DS or PC for me.

2 Likes

I don’t have much experience with most of the handheld versions of the games tbh. I think I had the DS versions of lego batman 1, Star Wars 3, and Harry Potter 1-4, which are all fairly solid, but largely overshadowed by their console versions. I like a lot of the ideas behind the Harry Potter one though.

I would go with 3DS for the nostalgia value, but the PC is just a far better choice for scope and presentation. Plus, being older now and having bigger fingers, doing basically anything on the touchscreen without a stylus is agonising.

Y’know, I always felt like the ground battles in Star Wars 3 were kind of a spiritual successor to lego battles, so despite it not really suiting it I kind of like the idea of something like that fleshed out a bit more.

1 Like

I have the last two, they were alright, but Star Wars 3 didn’t have the huge ground battles, which was why I bought it. Once I got over that though, it was a fun game. But the 3ds versions of Marvel Superheros and TLM had no area to wander around in, just a menu, and you can’t progress until you collect a certain number of gold bricks from achievements, so you had to replay levels ALOT to finish it (Which I still haven’t done). You can only play as 1 character the first time you play a mission, and in the freeplay mode, you get 1 character of your choice, and a predetermined second character. Discarding the tried and true party mechanic of previous games. At least Marvel had a built in TCG.

Agreed, of what I’ve tried of them anyway. There was a ninjago themed sequel, but I’ve not played that.

Really? I just used the edge of another game.

1 Like

Yeah, same.

Heresy. I honestly just prefer when you can access the whole character roster in the levels than just a selection.

Neither

Well, technically it wasn’t a stylus, it was just an actual pen with the end retracted but you get my point. Doing it with your fingers is awful.

1 Like

agreed.

I kinda like the LOTR 3ds method, where you have a small party, but in free play, you can alter the party mid-level.

1 Like

I really wish we got more LEGO Games like LEGO Battles and LEGO Worlds… I am kinda tired of TT Games’ old formula which they haven’t changed much ever since the first LEGO Star Wars game.
Seriously, now it feels like I play the exact same game each year, just with a different LEGO Theme (most of which are licensed themes).

I really wish the LEGO Games went into a new direction and gave us something new.

Yeah… but the old formula sells, so that’s what their sticking with.

What will it cost you to give us vehicle creator TT! Gah!

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind as much except for the fact that each game doesn’t really change enough to make it worth it. Over time it really accumulates, the stuff we have now is leagues above the content in the original lego star wars, but yeah. Game to game is not worth it at all.

1 Like

Probably why they’re changing it up for Skywalker Saga

1 Like

They are?

2 Likes

Yep. All I remember is that blaster characters will be a bit more of a TPS style